Aveanna Speech Language Pathologist - Pediatric Day Healthcare Center in West Palm Beach, Florida
Speech Language Pathologist - Pediatric Day Healthcare Center
ApplyRefer a FriendBack
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
Speech Language Pathology
The Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for the delivery of quality patient care according to the patient’s individual physician orders. Care may involve assessments, administering prescribed treatments and therapies, care planning, communication with other members of the patients’ multi-disciplinary team, supply management, emergency management, coordination of care, health promotion and teaching and training family members.
Essential Job Functions
• Provide Speech Therapy services as prescribed by the physician.
• Follow policies and procedures and conforms to all applicable patient care standards, licensure regulations and state laws.
• Provide a written evaluation defining Speech Therapy needs, goals and expected outcomes in conjunction with referring physician's Plan of Treatment.
• Provide a written Plan of Care for Speech Therapy goals and outcomes
• Maintains the plan of care for assigned patients according to identified Speech Therapy goals and outcomes.
• Participate in coordination of services (including discharge planning), with health care team, physicians, parent/guardians, nurses, and others.
• Maintain patient and company confidentiality.
• Maintain effective communication between staff, health care team members, and family.
• Serves as a resource consultant for clinical staff.
• Provide physicians and Aveanna with written evaluation of patient's needs, goals, and progress.
• Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an ASHA accredited college/university
• Current and unrestricted SLP license to practice in the state of practice
• Current CPR certification
• Demonstrated proficiency in clinical assessments, documentation and compliance with policies and procedures
Additional state specific requirements:
• Continuing Education as required by state
• One (1) year of recent experience as a Speech Language Pathologist in an acute care setting
• Pediatric experience preferred
• Ability to adhere to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times
• Attention to detail
• Time Management
• Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution
• Good organization and communication skills
• Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
• Must be able to travel
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Prolonged walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
• Must be able to sit and climb stairs
• Must have visual and hearing acuity
• Must have strong sense of smell and touch
• Must be able to sufficiently reposition patients and move equipment without assistance
• Must be able to appropriately respond physically and mentally to emergency situations in the home or during transport
• Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
• Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids and infectious diseases
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.