AdventHealth Manager of Progressive Care Unit AdventHealth Wesley Chapel FT Days in Wesley Chapel, Florida
Manager of Progressive Care Unit AdventHealth Wesley Chapel FT Days
Location Address: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
- From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
- 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
- Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Develops and implements departmental safety program by using Employee Engagement, Safety Attitude Questionnaire (SAQ), Risk Master reports and other data sources.
- Oversees development and implementation of strategies for accomplishing departmental and organizational objectives.
- Develops and maintains effective departmental communication through regular staff meetings. Facilitates the flow of information from and to department and administration.
- Fosters an environment of service excellence for patients, families, physicians and community.
- Develops and implements annual budget. Monitors and makes adjustments to meet effective use of budgeted resources.
- Reviews labor management reports and ensures that established goals are met.
- In coordination with leadership staff and hospital administration, plans, develops, implements and evaluates marketing/program development initiatives.
- Develops and implements strategic and business plans.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to safety and legal requirements as established by governing and regulatory agencies.
- Ensures that the selection, educating, staffing and disciplining of staff members complies with the standards, policies and practices of AdventHealth Wesley Chapel.
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of an accredited school for Registered Nursing upon hire
- Two years of PCU experience upon hire
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or in school pursuing the degree upon hire
- Current Florida RN or ARNP license upon hire
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification or RQI upon hire
- Current American Heart Association ACLS certification or RQI upon hire
- NIHSS certification upon hire
- 8 hours Hip and Knee Replacement/Spine Education within 6 months of hire, then annually
- 8 hours Stroke Education within 6 months of hire, then annually
- Ability to demonstrate mission and values of AdventHealth Wesley Chapel required.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong leadership, team development and strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Tact, positive business demeanor and ability to establish and maintain rapport with physicians and hospital staff required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing required.
- Ability to use various software programs, including but not limited to Cerner and Microsoft® Office suite.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred
- 5 years of leadership/operations experience preferred
The Manager of PCU is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating nursing care within area(s) of assigned responsibilities with 24-hour accountability. Manager is responsible for assuring that department safety, quality and fiscal outcomes are achieved. He/she is responsible for assuring departmental staffing supports safety, quality and fiscal outcomes. Manager is also responsible for coordinating departmental processes, including communication, with those of other hospital departments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.