Marriott Senior Transient Sales Executive in Washington, District Of Columbia
Job Number 22077849
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location JW Marriott Washington DC, 1331 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? Y
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Acts as the on-property sales liaison to drive business transient revenue within specific transient segments (i.e., consortia, wholesale, special corporate, AAA, travel agencies, entertainment, diplomatic, social leisure, etc.). Uncovers opportunities and drives transient production by identifying and developing strong business transient relationships. Achieves transient revenue goals by actively and proactively soliciting individuals within specific transient segments. Develops, implements, and executes transient initiatives to increase productivity and engagement. Partners with above property sales leaders (i.e., area sales, account sales and GSO) to identify and pull through business from deployed customer accounts. Identifies and secures transient business, including orchestrating the transaction (i.e., work with revenue, front office, concierge teams, etc.) as appropriate. Conducts walk-through with customer to detail requirements to meet customer expectations or site inspections with agents and travel advisors. Verifies business is worked in conjunction with the operations and events teams to verify quality service delivery. Upsells each business opportunity to maximize transient revenue. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year college degree
• Previous experience in proactive lead generation in hospitality and sales discipline
• Experience selling leisure, transient or special corporate business
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Achieves transient revenue goals by responding to incoming group/catering opportunities for the property that are within the pre-defined budgeted transient mix.
• Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors’ strengths, weaknesses, programming, economic trends, supply and demand, etc.) and knows how to sell against them.
• Achieves transient revenue goals by actively and proactively soliciting individuals within specific transient segments by leveraging various tools and systems such as Hoteligence, EMPOWER, GXP, property management system, MRDW etc.
• Secures the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
• Achieves transient revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity.
• Partners with Area Sales, Account Sales, and GSO to identify transient business and achieve revenue goals.
• Develops transient sales revenue, operation budgets, and provides forecasting reports.
• Works with the management team to create and implement a transient sales/marketing plan addressing revenue, customers, and market.
• Assists with selling, implementation, and follow-through of transient sales promotions.
• Attends post check-out feedback sessions to understand transient needs, obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels, and overall satisfaction.
• Provides accurate, complete, and effective turnover to Event Management as applicable by segment.
• Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
• Conducts walk-throughs and site inspections, as required.
• Monitors same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control hotel occupancy.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
• Verifies that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
• Verifies successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses, and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott International.
• Provides strategic segment insight to Sales Executives focused on transient Hotel Sales Objectives and are soliciting new BT business from small business accounts, sourcing new accounts, identifying new targets, and re-soliciting past business leads to maximize hotel transient share. Completes other reasonable duties as requested by leadership.
Building Successful Relationships
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future business through sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develops relationships within the community to strengthen and expand customer base transient sales opportunities.
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Area Sales, Global Sales Organization, Account Sales) to verify the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
• Maintains proper and timely communication with the account customer(s) to verify overall satisfaction and quick resolutions. Partners with Event Management and/or Operations in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and verifying their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during, the program/event.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocate sound business decision-making; demonstrate honesty/integrity; lead by example.
• Collaborates effectively with peers, managers, and customers in a global and culturally diverse environment.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.