IQVIA Associate Director, Scientific Services APAC in Singapore
Acts as Lead Medical Writer on most types of writing projects. Prepares assigned documents in accordance with IQVIA Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and customer requirements as well as to the agreed timelines. Performs Senior Review of straightforward medical writing deliverables. Negotiates timelines and discusses/resolves customer comments. Provides written and verbal feedback to junior staff, and to customers when appropriate. Keeps abreast of current medical and/or technical writing/regulatory knowledge, including Good Clinical Practice (GCP), along with developments and advances in drug development/medical and/or technical writing.
• Take a leading role in preparing assigned documents, including, but not limited to, confirming the scope of the task, confirming templates and specifications, negotiating and adhering to timelines, organizing document reviews, communicating directly with the customer.
• Plan and organize workload for assigned projects and tasks: identify project needs, track timelines and implement customer requests.
• Lead meetings on more challenging topics independently.
• May present on standard Medical Writing processes at full-service bid defense meetings.
• Assist in the training and development of junior staff, either formally as an assigned mentor or ad hoc for local colleagues or others. May develop and deliver training to the global team on a topic he/she has specific expertise in. May input into and deliver presentations on Medical Writing to other IQVIA groups.
• May act as Project Manager for a more complex but single Medical Writing project which includes Project Finance/Invoicing responsibilities.
• Complete project finance activities, including monitoring and forecasting budgeted hours.
• Propose, review and approve budgets and costings for routine projects, including estimation of hours needed for Medical Writing tasks.
• May take on a small customer lead role or assist an established partnership lead in their role.
• May represent region or site on a Medical Writing initiative or cross-functional initiative.
• Facilitates and brainstorms the identification of new ideas. May represent Medical Writing at a general capabilities audit.
• Bachelor/ Masters/ PhD Degree in Life Sciences related discipline or related field.
• Typically requires at least 5 years of highly relevant experience and related competency levels.
• In-depth knowledge of the structural and content requirements of clinical study reports, protocols, and similar documents and ability to identify deficiencies, errors, and inconsistencies in a protocol or report.
• Good understanding of common statistical methods used in clinical trials and/or interpretation of their results.
• Ability to effectively review a statistical analysis plan and to identify deficiencies, errors, and inconsistencies in statistical output.
• Ability to integrate, interpret, and summarize data from a variety of sources in a clear and concise manner.
• Significant experience as a lead writer in preparing CSRs and protocols, with consistently positive feedback from customers and colleagues.
• In depth knowledge of drug development, medical writing, and associated regulations.
• Good understanding of statistical principles and of medical terminology across a range of therapeutic areas.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills including grammatical/technical writing skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• Confident and effective communication and negotiation skills with customers and project managers.
• Ability to deliver difficult messages in constructive manner.
• Demonstrates initiative and sound judgement when faced with less familiar project/document situations or challenges.
• Demonstrated abilities in collaboration with others and independent thought.
• Demonstrates confidence and maturity in most routine medical writing situations.
• Demonstrates good judgement in requesting input from senior staff.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and customers.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects.
• Ability to proactively evaluate risks and potential issues and seek solutions and discuss appropriately with colleagues and customers.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .
IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advanced analytics, and expertise to help customers drive healthcare – and human health – forward. Together with the companies we serve, we are enabling a more modern, more effective and more efficient healthcare system, and creating breakthrough solutions that transform business and patient outcomes.
To get there, it takes diverse skills and a curiosity to explore new possibilities. No matter your role, everyone at IQVIA, including our colleagues at Q² Solutions, contributes to our shared goal of improving human health. Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled