The Gap, Inc. Assistant Merchandiser in China
Gap始终坚持乐观酷雅的美式风格。 近50年前，Doris和Don Fisher在旧金山海洋大道开设了第一家Gap门店。在这近50年的时间中，一群卓越人才——我们的员工和顾客造就了我们品牌。 他们不仅传承着奠定Gap成功的基础，同时着眼于未来。他们希望世界可以变得更加美好。
About the role
The Assistant Merchandiser resides in Shanghai, at the direction of the Sr. Merchandiser, communicates and executes the merchandise activities (assortment plans, buy plan, etc.) for small division to support the overall merchandising goal of the brand. They are partners to the in-season IM, Visual & Marketing teams & the lead merchant to help drive the day-to-day business in market and is the expert in the customer, competition and marketplace.
The Assistant Merchandiser is responsible for partnering with the Sr. Merchandiser in the development of the Merchandise Strategy to meet the commercial needs of the global / regional business.
• Hindsight business weekly/monthly/quarterly from product prospective. Identify market category opportunitiesisks by season.
• Lead IR to present assortment and buy, and ensure product strategies are reflected in the investment.
• Assists with the development of the assortments which align to overall department strategy, resulting in increased earnings.
• Partners with NA Merchandising team, local product development team (JAC) and Production teams on product strategies and requirements to ensure customer needs are met, AUC profitability and speed to market.
• Owner of creation and maintenance of assortment tool, season code, size model and time on offer at the style level and capture in the Omni PETE (assortment tool).
• Communicates seasonal strategies in a collaborative way to key cross functional team to ensure innovation and financial success as a focus.
• Partners with Inventory Management on seasonal investment strategy by market to ensure big ideas and growth drivers are protected.
• Recap product performance whether it hits/misses plan, provide suggestion on promo/visual/marketing.
• Understand product trends, historical data and provide product input when in-season decisions are being made.
• Asia regional market research - trend, consumer, competitors, pricing.
• Partner with Japan partners to understand Japan consumers & competitors.
• Conduct quarterly pricing research to ensure our price architecture is always at the right position in the market.
• Work with strategy team on specific market research for certain category, product and project.
• Communicate Asia customer needs and assortment feedback/opportunities to global merchants.
• Liaise with global merchants and sourcing/production team to actualize against assortment plans
• Work closely with IM to settle down TD plan for seasonal buy.
• Review buy plan, actual buy and inventory related to job scope centered for assortment plan
• Brief marketing team on seasonal global big ideas/concepts and key investment to optimize the marketing plan. Ensure buy plan is in line with marketing plan
• Assist visual team to create seasonal visual directive that aligns with Asia assortment strategies.
• Work closely with IM counterparts on daily basis.
4) System Maintain
• Manage assortment & buy plan tool – GA, PETE (program, cc, flow, distro, rating, pricing)
5) Key Meetings/Milestones
• Regional Midsight
• Regional touchbase before global SVL
• Regional HS & SAM
• Adoption week
• Regional IR
• New flow launch discussion
Who you are
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Strong analytical skills.
• Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements.
• Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities.
• Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
• Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Strong communication skills
• Creative thinking, proactive attitude, entrepreneur spirit
• Customer oriented.
• High fashion sense, passion on fashion.
• Fluent in English and Chinese.
2) Minimum Education Level
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
3) Experience Required
• 1-3 years of retail buying or merchandising experience
• Planning experience is plus
Gap是一家为员工提供公平竞争环境的集团公司，并致力于打造无骚扰、无歧视的工作场所。我们致力于招聘、雇佣、培训和提拔各种背景的合格人员，并在不考虑任何受保护身份的情况下做出所有就业决策。 我们因长期致力于平等而获奖无数，并将继续营造一个多元、包容且归属感强的环境。今年，是我们连续第14年被人权运动组织（Human Rights Campaign）评为最佳工作场所 (https://www.hrc.org/resources/best-places-to-work-2019) 之一，同时是连续第2年被列入 彭博社性别平等指数 。