Lockheed Martin AMMS Sustainment Engineer in Trumbull, Connecticut
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: We are seeking a new kind of Sustainment Engineer to join the Information Systems & Innovation (IS&I) organization. The ideal candidate will not be defined by a specific discipline, rather by a unique and “iconoclastic” experience, style, and point of view. Our team is eclectic because we believe that it makes us stronger. We welcome designers, inventors, scientists, or scholars, as long as you like to develop solutions that matter! Impact is key.
The Aurora Maintenance Management System (AMMS) is one of Lockheed Martin’s fleet sustainment solutions. Aurora is an all-encompassing sustainment management solution that records, manages, and reports essential maintenance information for the efficient and safe operation of enrolled platforms used in land, air, sea, and space environments.
Our products are designed to provide our customers with an interactive experience within their respected areas of operations. By leveraging the most current technological software advances, our developers are rapidly expanding the product offerings from a simple application to an in-depth interactive experience. We believe that this will encourage maintainers to become even more significant contributors to system sustainment.
This role will be responsible for supporting the development of integrated software solutions, primarily the Aurora Maintenance Management System (AMMS), that assist in complex system sustainment. The successful candidate will be supporting the AMMS team and product manager, who is the primary interface between multiple internal and external organizations. Characteristics of a successful candidate include:
• Active autonomy in an agile, collaborative environment
• Orthogonal and counterintuitive thinking; “think outside the box”, critical thinker
• Proficiency crafting creative solutions that communicate complex concepts simply
• Adventurous personality, boundless optimism, and desire for positive change
Elements of Role
• Provide technical leadership of software development effort
• Keep pace with enabling technologies and provide input to technology insertion plans
• Participate in software reviews, produce schedule, agenda, meeting minutes collection, action items and resolution of action items
• Produce technical presentations in support of Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs)/guidance conferences, IPT meetings, program reviews, and summits
• Interact with System Engineering and interfacing organizations (SSE, Eng, Diagnostics,
Supportability sub-segments, etc.)
• Support all requirements issues related to the project
• Review/QA all documents
• Support CDRL development
• Review software development team status reports and advise
• Participate in subcontractor staff meetings, produce and distribute meeting minutes
• Provide project related quality artifacts
• Submit Weekly project Status Reports
• Work with project Lead to gather, analyze, and document technical requirements
• Contribute to the development of statements of work
• Maintain a product backlog of team tasks
• Track, monitor, and report on project status (technical, schedule) throughout the software development lifecycle
• Create executive-level status reports
• Identify and act to meet all Legal and Export requirements
• Work with Technical Lead to ensure compliance with all Lockheed Martin (LM) technical requirements
• Work with Technical Lead to align technical/business objectives with products
• Collaborate with internal Cyber Security staff to resolve technical data issues
• Prepare test plans, test descriptions, test cases
• Collect metrics related to quality and performance
• Participate in regular telcons, Integrated Process Team meetings, and Technical Interchange Meetings
• Degree in Computer Science, Project Management or equivalent relative work experience
• Demonstrated ability to manage and interact with complex systems and/or concepts in an operations/sustainment environment
• Demonstrated ability to work with limited direction to accomplish project goals
• Enhanced MSOffice Proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Timeline)
• Proficiency in project management tool sets such as Jira and Confluence
• Clear, concise oral and written communication skills
• Detail oriented while focusing on the “big picture”
• Proven success working in a Matrix environment including internal & external customers
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• US Citizenship
• Knowledge of software development life cycle
• Knowledge of Scrum and Agile development methodologies
• Experience with data collection and analytical analysis
• Experience with development of mobile applications and/or technologies
• Experience with Database usage e.g. SQLite, Postgress
• Familiarity with model-based systems engineering (MBSE)
• Familiarity with Web design
• Familiarity with Systems Security Engineering and Cyber Security principles
• Cameo Systems Modeler or Enterprise Architect experience a plus
• XML/html knowledge a plus
• Software user interface design a plus
• Technical writing/IETM user experience a plus
• Aircraft maintenance experience a plus
• Cost Account Manager (CAM) a plus
• Ability to acquire US Government Security Clearance a plus
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.