Microsoft Corporation Software Engineer II - M365 IC3 Microservice Infrastructure in Suzhou, China
Microsoft 365 (M365) Intelligent Conversation and Communications Cloud (IC3)
Intelligent Conversation and Communications Cloud (IC3) powers billions of real-time customer conversations across Microsoft’s first party products (Teams, Skype, Azure Communication Service). IC3 enables reliable and high-quality audio/video calling, meeting, and messaging services that work every time from anywhere seamlessly across all customer touchpoints. IC3’s mission is to make conversations on M365 platforms more intelligent in real-time empowering best-in-class productivity tools for the modern workplace where every call, meeting or chat will make the next one better.
As IC3 Microservice Infrastructure Team, we are leveraging cutting edge container technologies to modernize IC3 services and hosting them in Kubernetes in a cloud native way. IC3 SWAT team is more than migration, we are supporting IC3 organization to provide common frameworks and tools for microservices to meet ever-increasing M365 compliance, privacy and security. We build on top of Microsoft initiatives like Cosmic, AKS, opensource eco-systems like Istio, so we don't reinvent the wheel.
We also continually look around corners with a secondary focus on areas that we believe will move the needle for operating at scale. This manifests through research, education, and advocacy for new methods and processes such as Chaos Engineering, Service Mesh, and Service Discovery that have promise to improve operations and availability.
In this position, you will build the tools, technologies, and services that enable engineering for M365. You will be responsible for building large-scale services as well as ensuring that the day-to-day experience of engineers are both efficient and empowering.
We are looking for highly motivated software engineers with strong coding skills, experience in algorithms and/or distributed systems, and customer obsession. The ideal candidate is expected to:
· Design and implement end-to-end software features from business needs, with quality and scalability in mind
· Create scalable, efficient, and stable platform solutions that can serve millions of users
· Collaborate closely with designers, program managers and other members of the team to quickly experiment with iterations and deliver
· Work with partner teams to containerize large scale microservices and make them run in Azure Kubernetes Service in a modern high available model
· Deal with performance and security issues to provide compliant enterprise cloud service in distributed geo
· 3+ years of software development experience in the commercial software industry
· BS in Computer Science or Engineer or equivalent industry experience
· Prefer experience with C#, C++, PowerShell, Web Services
· A working, understanding of agile practices is a plus
· Build infrastructure/cloud experience is a plus
· Knowledge with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
· Knowledge with Service Mesh and Istio is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.