Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer, Reliability Engineer in Sunnyvale, California
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Serve as a Reliability SME available to provide support as needed within the Enterprise as well as other special projects or assignments
As a Reliability SME, your responsibilities will include the following:
• Develops, coordinates and conducts technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts and design of experiments (doe) constructs.
• Recommends design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability
• Compiles and analyzes performance reports and process control statistics; investigates and analyzes relevant variables potentially affecting product and processes
• Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards
• Analyzes preliminary plans and develops reliability engineering programs to achieve company, customer and governmental agency reliability objectives
• May develop mathematical models to identify units, batches or processes posing excessive failure risks
• As necessary, proposes changes in design or formulation to improve system and/or process reliability
• May determine units and/or batches requiring environmental testing, and specifies minimum number of samples to obtain statistically valid data
Typically has 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical, Aerospace) or Physics, or a closely related technical field
• Project or team lead experience
• Significant Reliability Engineering experience in two or more of the following:
a. Reliability Program Plans
b. Reliability Predictions and Analysis
c. Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
d. Critical Items List
f. Maintainability Analysis and Predictions
g. Fault Tree Analysis
h. Probability Risk Assessment (PRA)
i. Reliability HDBKS and Standards (i.e.; MIL-HDBK-217, Milt-STD-1629, MIL-STD-1543, MIL-HDBK-338, MIL-HDBK-472)
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Complete competency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Spacecraft and Missile experience in the Aerospace industry.
• Demonstrated experience in all facets of the conduct of a reliability program to include; Reliability Program Plans, Reliability Predictions and Analysis, Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis, Critical Items List, Availability, Maintainability Analysis and Predictions, Fault Tree Analysis, Probability Risk Assessment (PRA), familiarity with Reliability HDBKS and Standards i.e.; MIL-HDBK-217, Milt-STD-1629, MIL-STD-1543, MIL-HDBK-338, MIL-HDBK-472, the application of probability and statistics to support decisions regarding sample size, burn-in life testing and failure analysis investigations as required
• TS/SCI clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.