Northwell Health Maintenance Mechanic(1456) in Staten Island, New York
Req Number 36225
Constructs, repairs and maintains fixtures, furniture, structural woodwork, interior and exterior masonry, etc., using hand and/or power tools.
- Performs routine repairs, maintenance and installation of building components, equipment as directed.
- Visually inspects and observes operation of mechanical systems.Reports, malfunctions to Supervisor.
- Performs detailed work from work orders as assigned.Notifies Supervisor of materials needed for completion of job.
- Is responsible for the proper use of material, equipment and tools.
- Must maintain prescribed safety procedures when performing job duties.
- Must clean up debris associated with a particular assignment.
- May be assigned a helper for special projects.
- Dismantles, cleans and lubricates and reassembles machinery and equipment as assigned.
Performs related duties as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
Must be able to stand and work for prolonged periods of time
Must be able to lift and move heavy materials and equipment, weighing up to approximately 100 lbs
Must have acceptable corrected visual acuity.
High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Technical and/or trade school, preferred.
Minimum of three (3) years experience as maintenance mechanic performing Journeymen's work in carpentry, plumbing, electrical or HVAC installations.
Minimum of one (1) year Hospital work experience, required.
Possess a good knowledge of construction codes and standards
Certificates of Instruction form Department of Air Resources, preferred.
Certificate of Fitness from NYC Fire Department for Standpipe and Sprinkler Systems, Bulk Oxygen Systems and Oxygen though a blowpipe, preferred.
Ability to use various power and hand tools, ladders and plumbing equipment, including welding, brazing and soldering equipment.
Read, write and speak English to understand and interpret written and verbal instructions.