Honeywell Lead Project Engineer in Spokane, Washington
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who
make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even
making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic
career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell International is a $39 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 130,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. We invent and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro trends like energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity.
We are building a world that’s safer and more secure, more comfortable and energy efficient, more innovative and productive. For more information, please visit Honeywell.com or follow us @HoneywellNow.
Performance Materials and Technologies is a high-performing, global business with an array of technologies that are changing the world for the better. We develop and manufacture advanced materials and process technologies used in a wide range of industries and applications, from petroleum refining to environmentally-friendlier refrigerants to bullet-resistant vests. Our advanced materials are critical in the manufacture of products ranging from nylon to computer chips to pharmaceutical packaging.
Performance Materials and Technologies holds more than 3,900 patents globally and employs 2,800 engineers (about one-third of its total workforce) and 1,100 R&D personnel, including 400 with doctorates. Performance Materials and Technologies comprises five businesses, each of which succeeds on the strength of its technology portfolio, complimented with expertise in engineering, sales, marketing and supply chain.
Honeywell Electronic Materials group is looking for a Lead Project Manager. Located in Spokane, WA this position reports to the Electronic Materials Business Engineering Leader.
• Manage the execution of specific capital investments, normally in the $500K to $30M range in value from FEL-2 through their entire life cycles, throughout the Honeywell Electronic Materials network
• Assume total project accountability for engineering, including: prioritization, scope development, risk assessments, directing and coordinating the personnel assigned to perform the process engineering, project management, detailed engineering/design, procurement, fabrication, construction, mechanical completion, unit commissioning and start-up, project controls (cost accounting, scheduling for the projects, and project closure documentation) while following standard engineering methodologies
• Deliver projects on time, in accordance with the scopes of the projects and within targeted costs
• Use SAP and project management tools to cost-estimate, plan and execute projects
• Use Change Orders to reflect changes to the project plans
• Identify all internal/external resources for successful project execution, and ensure the necessary resources are assigned to the project appropriately by their respective managers
• Coordinate all project activities between internal process design team, design houses, and contractors
• Ensure customer satisfaction requirements and final process design package standards are met
• Regularly report project progress to manager and project steering team. Identify any problems with cost over-runs or schedule delays to manager as early as possible - no surprises
• Manage the design house, contractors and internal process design team interface during the term of the projects
• Maintain effective communication among internal process design team and contractors during the term of the projects
• Work closely with the finance team to provide project evaluation and economic analysis on the capital investments for such managed projects. Manage the overall effort leading to approved Appropriation Requests (AR)
• Responsible for the preparation of bid packages and requests for quotes for materials, equipment, and services
• Responsible for the preparation of work order packages for construction
• Monitor and control projects to meet the stated objectives and metrics commitments in the AR
• Responsible for forecasting and managing capital expenditures on a monthly basis
• Provide support on the business Strategic Planning, Annual Operating Plan and the Six Sigma Initiatives, in order to develop the appropriate capital plans/budgets
• Be an advocate for safety awareness with a consistent implementation of policies and procedures and participate in construction safety audits and contractor safety meetings
YOU MUST HAVE
• BS degree in Engineering
• Minimum 8 years experience of increasingly related responsibilities in the capital project management and execution process
• BS degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering preferred
• Chemicals and/or semiconductor materials experience preferred
• Manufacturing experience preferred
• Strong working knowledge of plant operations and processes preferred
• Experience in the management of financial budgets, projects, troubleshooting, team building, and overall leadership
• Experience working with contract engineering firms
• Six Sigma Greenbelt (or Blackbelt) certification or equivalent experience implementing productivity / continuous improvement projects
• Formal training and certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Customer Focused - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.