Wedgewood Nursing and Rehabilitation CNA (Part-Time) in Spencerport, New York
Wedgewood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is currently seeking a part time day shift CNA for our small, 29-bed home located in the village of Spencerport. To provide each of your assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident's assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by your Supervisors.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Must possess a current New York State Certification for Nursing Assistant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain the safety of the residents at all times.
• Assist residents with activities of daily living (i.e. bathing, toileting, feeding).
• Report all changes in the resident's condition to the Nurse Manager, RN Supervisor or the LPN in charge.
• Report all witnessed or unwitnessed injuries of the residents (i.e. bruises, skin tears, lacerations, etc.).
• Report all accidents/incidents to the Supervisor immediately. Report all complaints and grievances made by the resident or family/caregivers to the appropriate source.
• Maintain open communication with the residents and caregivers in order to meet the needs of the residents.
• Perform any other pertinent duties as assigned by my supervisor.
• I understand that emergency conditions may require me to temporarily work shifts other than the one for which I have applied and been assigned, and agree to such scheduling change or overtime when necessary to ensure proper operation of the Homes as directed by my supervisor.
PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKER TRAITS:
• Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and the general public.
• Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress of the position.
• Must be willing to work as a team player.
• Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's condition.
• Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, and emotionally upset people within the facility.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Work in all areas of the facility.
• Is subject to frequent interruptions and may need to reschedule nursing activities
• Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel and visitors.
VOCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Attends in-service programs and staff development programs as provided by the facility to maintain compliance with the Department of Health and other regulatory agencies, as well as Nursing Home policies and procedures
JOB HAZARDS: Minors are prohibited from performing certain duties involving the use of power driven equipment and the mixing and usage of chemicals as outlined by labor law regulations.
• Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB
and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
• Splash-proof goggles
CONTACTS: Residents, Family Members, Personnel, Visitors
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Supervised by: Director of Nursing, Nurse Manager