TEKsystems IT Technical Support Specialist - I in Spartanburg, South Carolina
Our customer is seeking a part time IT support specialist to work on a part time basis during the school year. Seeking 8 hours a week with the potential to move to full time hours post graduation. Excellent opportunity for a upcoming grad to get started with a fortune 500 company.
• Responsible for resolving moderately complex problems experienced by end-users working with company PCs, conference rooms, multi-function printers, thin client terminals, mobile devices, bar-code label printers and scanners.
• Procures, configures, and tests computer hardware and software to fulfill requests.
• Provides timely resolution of moderately complex problems or escalations on behalf of the end user.
• Provide cases status updates to management and end users.
• Interacts with third party service providers to resolve problems and fulfill requests.
• Evaluate requests for new software solutions.
• Monitor, gather, and provide recommendations for issues regarding product and technical support functions that affect diagnostics, quality, tooling, computer communication, etc.
• Perform tasks as assigned by the Project manager in compliance with End-Users Standards
Help desk, Windows, Windows 7, Support, Active directory, Customer service, Technical support
Top Skills Details:
Help desk,Windows,Windows 7,Support,Active directory,Customer service,Technical support
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Associate’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
• Three (3) or more years of experience in desktop support, service desk or related experience.
• Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
• Customer focused with ability to promptly answer support related email, phone calls, and other electronic communications.
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong organizational skill with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
• Strong time-management and prioritization skills, able to multi-task and prioritize competing requirements and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where requirements are constantly changing.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
• Relevant industry recognized certifications (Certified Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) - IT Infrastructure, Certified ITIL Foundation, etc.)
• Experience working with Lotus Notes, video and audio conferencing (WebEx), end user services certificate management, and physical security systems.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.