BT Forecasting & Insight Manager in Sovereig N Street, United Kingdom
Forecasting & Insight Manager
Job Req ID: 1891
Posting Date: 10-Nov-2022
Function: Data & AI
Sovereig N Street, Leeds, United Kingdom
This role holder will play a key role in the efficient delivery of Service Deliveries objectives, with ultimately responsible for the modelling of and improving forecasting accuracy of all intelligent inputs that support all desk & field resource planning. They will ensure that all resource models use the best possible inputs, to enable the best possible operational decisions to drive cost, service & efficiency outcomes for the wider business
They will also be the ‘go to’ lead for insight into any given planning input, understanding variances to forecast, & will be able to articulate relevant insight at all levels across the operational teams we support, up to director level.
Ensuring quality, integrity and efficiency in everything we do.
We’re the nation’s number one broadband network and we build the connections that matter.
Our customers are the 640+ communications providers who sell phone, broadband and Ethernet services to homes and businesses and our mission is build the best digital future for the UK.
There’s over 33,000 of us across the country, and we have a vision that our workforce should represent the communities that we serve. Diversity and accessibility are important to both where we are now and where we’re going. We value every colleague and the contribution they make, because a diverse business is a stronger business.
We also want the best work-life balance for all our people, which is why we offer smart working. It’s not a one-size-fits-all solution, so you’ll be able to discuss how smart working fits with your role during the recruitment process.
What you'll be doing
• You’ll be responsible for ongoing review and improvement of the accuracy of all forecasts that feed into the 28 day tactical planning functions across Service Delivery field and desk, including repair intake, attrition, call handling times etc. The aim is to build 1 set of aligned operational planning inputs that become the ‘brain’ of field and desk resourcing plans
• You’ll lead a team of supporting experts – a specialist for field and desk respectively (E grades, with 2 team members each), and a forecasting development specialist (D grade), and you’ll leaning on the team to drive continued process improvement and optimisation.
• You’ll drive & communicate investigations into unexpected trends providing root cause analysis & ensure that there is a high degree of integrity in the data used for Field and Desk planning.
• Yo’ll build great relationships with stakeholders from around the business to establish new roads of insight that can be played into forecasts and resource plans, & will provide challenge where partners supply forecasts into planning to ensure continued improvement in forecast accuracy.
• Where appropriate, responsible for designing, building & maintaining aligned resource plans/models, applications, visualisations, reporting and insight that are used to make resourcing decisions across desk / field teams and influence performance. (Used by lead planning managers)
• Responsible for leading discussions with Customer Commercial & Propositions & capacity planning teams to understand demand intake into SD at a macro level
• Aligning resourcing plans across all planning functions from capacity planning, strategic resourcing through to on-the-day Real Time management
• You will be aware of emerging and current market trends and technologies and you will use that knowledge and understanding to help influence and shape SD’s data strategy.
Skills and Experience
• Relevant experience: Degree in a relevant mathematics/statistics/business management subject, or equivalent relevant professional experience in the data, planning and insight space.
• Build excellent stakeholder relationships: Able to build strong relationships with senior stakeholders across the business.
• Technical skills: Proven experience in creating forecast models using; Excel and/or VBA and/or SQL programming language.
• Data visualisation: The ability to visualise and explain data to make complex scenarios simple, and to turn analysis into insight to understand for the end user, and to enable decision making in resource planning.
• Inspire and coach: An inspiring leader, a self-starter, with an analytical and inquisitive mind, able to engage, motivate and coach peer group and colleagues across the planning team
• Experience of data visualisation tool / report development techniques, forecasting techniques and an ability to learn new tools and techniques quickly.
• Strong leadership experience, leading people through change and championinig Continuous Improvement.
• A high level of numeracy and data manipulation capability are expected. Previous experience in resource planning are high desirable, though not essential, as are backgrounds to provide the level of understanding of the inner workings of Service Delivery and its supporting functions to make this role a success.
As well as offering a competitive base salary, you’ll also have a rewarding bonus scheme, access to equity schemes and an attractive pension offer.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. Diversity makes sense for us, our customers and our ambitions. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed.
External Postings include:
• Discounted Broadband
• Up to 50% off EE and BT mobile for you and friends/Family
• Discounted TV & BT sport packages
• 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays
• 10% BT pension contribution
• Access to 100's of retail discounts including the BT shop
• Annual Bonus scheme of up to 10% of salary
How to apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page.
We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. We welcome applications from every community and we’re looking forward to receiving yours.
Hiring Manager - Emma Moore
Locations - London, Cardiff, Leeds, Ipswich, Glasgow.
Career Level - D