AdventHealth Central Sterile Tech PRN Days in San Marcos, Texas
Central Sterile Tech - Central Texas Medical Center
Location Address: 1301 Wonder World Dr., San Marcos, TX 78666
Top Reasons to Work At Central Texas Medical Center, San Marcos, TX
Live in the Texas Hill Country that includes small towns and big appetites within a 30 minute drive to Austin and also includes living near the San Marcos River for tons of aquatic fun.
Located near Colleges and Universities to expand your career by offering Tuition reimbursement and includes many low-cost living environment choices.
CTMC's CREATION Health Institute at http://www.ctmc.org/care-services/creation-health-institute was created to provide information, education, health screenings and events that emphasize a healthy lifestyle. Offerings such as HealthCheck, disease management, support groups, women's health, nutrition, healthy living for seniors and children's health are provided to the public for free or a minimal fee.
LeapFrog grade “A” for patient safety and prides itself in safety for all patients, visitors and employees. Also, recognized for a 6 th year of “Most Wired Health System”, Click here to review other prestigious awards: http://www.ctmc.org/about-us/awards-and-recognitions
Support the spiritual state of mind of the patient by praying with them and educating families during visits to explain the important element of the healing process.
PRN / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Maintains an active relationship with all customers by:
· Assessing their needs,
· Responding to customer needs in a courteous manner,
· Maintaining confidentiality, and
· Referring customer to the appropriate staff or department to resolve issues.
· Is able to disassemble all instrumentation for cleaning purposes and examination of designated function.
· Is able to determine if an instrument is in need of being milked or replaced.
· Is able to determine if a given product is sterile by:
· Observing the load log record,
· Observing and interpreting the autoclave tape (computer tape on the autoclave),
· Observing and interpreting the gravity steam temperature graph charts,
· Understanding and reading the biological testing results and log,
· Observing the packaging autoclave tape,
· Observing the integrity of the package.
· Has a working knowledge of OSHA and AAMI standards for decontamination, cleaning and sterilization processes.
· Wears personal protective apparel during decontamination processes, both for instrumentation and for work area.
· Processes all instrumentation, new or opened during a case, through the process of decontamination, cleaning and sterilizing.
· Understands the theory between infection and cross contamination.
What You Will Need:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· Three to six months related experience and/or training in hospital or central sterile environment preferred.
· Must hold a current certificate in BCLS from the AHA.
· CBSPD/IAHCSMM certification preferred.
To demonstrate and practice a general understanding of:
Principals and theory of sterilization,
Operating procedure of steam and ETO gas sterilizers,
Fundamentals of cleaning, processing and wrapping of reusable items for sterilization,
Infection control and Isolation.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Effective communication among employees, and between employees, patients, visitors and supervisors is essential to ensure quality patient care and to avoid misunderstanding, errors and miscommunications which could have a detrimental effect on the health, safety and well-being of patients and co-workers. In addition to these communication and safety concerns, individuals in this position must be able to effectively follow verbal and written instructions, read labels, read safety information, and hazardous chemicals. Therefore, to prevent misunderstandings, errors, and miscommunications in the provision of quality patient care and other job-related services, employees in this position are required to have the capability of fluently speaking, reading, and writing English.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Must have some knowledge and experience in performing the duties associated with:
· In order to demonstrate competency in serving surgery patients, the employee must demonstrate the skills as defined in the Skills Checklist. Demonstrated baseline competency in all areas of the indicated Skills Checklist meets standards.
· Knowledge of AAMI standards.
· Ability to maintain surgical services equipment and durable equipment used throughout the facility.
· Ability to maintain supplies used in specialized patient care settings such as:
· Crash Carts
· Surgery trays
· Emergency trays
· Special Procedure trays
· Nursery and Labor and Delivery trays
· Cardiac Cath Lab trays
· Effective interpersonal and patient contact skills.
· Knowledge of universal safety precautions and Infection Control standards as defined by OSHA.
· Ability to perform CPR.
· Ability to work under moderate to high stress while handling heavy workloads and emergency situations.
· Ability to prioritize workload.
· Must have some computer experience, working with a healthcare software computer system is desirable.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.