Cisco Business Solutions Architect, Supply Chain Materials & Inventory in San Jose, California
What You'll Do
Global Manufacturing and Logistics, Business Strategy and Transformation Office is looking for a Supply Chain Business Solutions Architect to support the inventory and material management services.
Your main tasks will include partnership with our business partners, understanding business outcomes and translating them into detailed technical requirements, documenting as-is and to-be processes, partnering with technical resources to build digital solutions, and performing user acceptance testing. To succeed in this role, you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
Your role will be to quickly review, analyze and evaluate business processes, systems & customer needs, and document requirements, define scope & formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Define, design, and optimize processes across the organization
- Scale the business through standardization, continuous improvement, and lean practices
- Use a data driven approach to solve complex and business critical problems
- Define metrics to monitor, analyze and improve processes and performance
- Partner with business and product teams to deliver solutions for variety of requirements
- Bridges the gap between business problems and technology solutions
- Providing specifications according to which the solution is defined, handled, and delivered
- Actively participate in a variety of strategic business processes, leading evaluations, incubations of ideas to support a variety of business objectives.
- Interpret, evaluate, and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making
- Review a variety of areas including operations, inventory planning & management, supply/demand planning, inventory ownership & inventory models, buffer strategy, HUB strategy
Who You'll Work With
You'll be directly working with Supply Chain Global Manufacturing & Logistics- Business Strategy and Transformation Team. In addition, you'll also be working with other Supply Chain functions such as Global Sourcing, Global Planning, Product Operations, broader Supply Chain and Operations teams across Cisco including multi-functional teams such as Tax, Customers, Finance, others
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in engineering (Industrial Engineering, Computer Engineering, Other) and 5+ years equivalent work experience in field of Supply Chain
- Understanding and work experience in the materials & inventory domain including inventory planning & management, inventory models, demand propagation, supplydemand planning
- Proficient at analyzing existing processes to identify its strengths and weaknesses, providing solutions to problem areas, and optimizing overall operations
- Understanding of IT Architecture, technologies - specially Kinaxis, SCP, Oracle ERP, Cloud, SAP is a plus
- Expertise in constructing numerous flow charts of fulfilment processes & procedures using Microsoft Visio
- Familiarity with concepts like Value Stream Mapping, Lean Production, DMAIC principles
- Knowledge of setting up ROP models, Kanban process a plus
- Experience executing projects with agile processes and tools
- Excellent communication, integration, and organizational skills for interaction with peers, external personnel, and all levels of leadership
- Ability to work multi-functionally and drive consensus
- Detail oriented, analytical, inquisitive and a good listener
- Excellent documentation & story telling skills
- SQL experience strongly preferred. Familiarity with tableau a plus
WE ARE CISCO
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.