Lockheed Martin General Maintenance in San Diego, California
Description: Lockheed Martin is seeking a General Maintenance Worker for a position at Amphibious Base NAB Coronado, CA. Troubleshoots general facility maintenance problems and determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications. Performs repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skill and knowledge in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and basic electrical work(replacing standard outlets, fixtures, etc.). Work involves a variety of the following duties: replacing electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors, using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings, repairing or replacing sinks, water coolers, and toilets painting structures and equipment; repairing or replacing concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks, replacing damaged paneling and floor tiles, hanging doors and installing door locks, replacing broken window panes, and performing general maintenance on equipment and machinery. This position performs the maintenance and repairs to support and ensure training ranges remain in operationally ready and safe conditions. Duties also include: lead abatement, steel trap repair and replacement, range cleaning. All personnel supporting maintenance of live fire ranges need to do so in accordance with applicable Navy directives (e.g. MIL-HDBK 1027/3B, NAVSEA OP-5, AR 385-63) for compliance and safety.
• Ability to do basic electrical, plumbing, drywall, concrete, metal fabrication to repair facilities as needed.
• Able to work with a variety of hand held power tools, skill saw, angle grinder, impact drill, hand saw, etc.
• Must be able to multi-task
• Must be detail oriented
• Ability to process, track, and status work orders
• Proficient with basic computer systems (email, Microsoft Office applications), basic carpentry, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, plastic or sheet metal fabrication, or other associated work on plant facilities using hand and power tools.
• Must be able to climb ladders and work at heights.
• Must be able to lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
• Must possess outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
Knowledge and license for forklifts.
Current Department of Defense Secret Clearance
Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
Ability to obtain a secret security clearance, and must have an interim secret clearance prior to start so therefore all candidates must be a US Citizen.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.