TEKsystems Field Service Support Technician (San Antonio Offices) in San Antonio, Texas
This Field Service Technician will assist in updating telephony devices at remote field offices as part of a PBX implementation. They will replace handsets and related equipment and demo functionality and train users on useful new features of the phone system (setting up your voicemail, pin number, how to use virtual company directory, head set usage). This will also require troubleshooting connectivity issues as well as general desktop support while onsite.
This individual will be responsible for duties which include but not limited to troubleshooting all hardware/software technical issues (server and workstation), including MS office / Active Directory / Exchange and other proprietary software applications, password resets, VPN issues, replace access points, network and server components, etc. This team does take pride face to face interactions with the technical issues to a point where they have to escalate to Tier IV level teams. This person will travel to field offices and be the eyes and hands of IT.
Troubleshooting Hardware, Connectivity, VoIP, PBX, windows 10, ip networking, IP phones, Ring Central
Top Skills Details:
4-5 yrs experience of technical support experience
Strong understanding of computer systems, telephony / mobile devices, and other tech products. Someone who know what to do without relying on a knowledge base.
Excellent customer service and maturity to be able to work independently.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Excellent hands-on experience supporting Windows Operating Systems
· Strong understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech
· Exceptional troubleshooting and diagnosing skills with the ability to effectively
work with technical and non-technical resources
· Expertise with remote support applications and Helpdesk software (eg.
· Experience with automation, scripting to include remote PowerShell practices
· Excellent verbal, written, communication, and presentation skills
· Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to assist
customers with computer issues and relay technical details in basic terms
Ability to apply new technologies and system changes
· Ability to analyze and categorize data and information in order to determine
the relationship of the data with reference to established criteria/standards
· Ability to advise and provide interpretation to others on how to apply policies,
procedures, and standards to specific situations
· Ability to exercise independent judgement, decisiveness, and creativity
required in situations involving the evaluation of information against
· Ability to work on multiple projects and deal effectively with employees and
· Ability to identify complex problems and to review related information to
develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
· Ability to work independently as well as a part of a diversified, fast paced
· Ability to understand technical manuals, software specifications, hardware
principals of operations, and systems software operations
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.