Sutter Health Surgical Technician in Roseville, California
Assists surgical team during operative procedures. Arranges and inventories sterile set-up for surgery, and passes items as needed to the operating team. Assists in preparing and moving patients, and in cleaning the operating room.
• High School graduate or equivalent education/experience
• Graduate of approved course for OR Surgical Technologists or equivalent training required
• Surgical Technologist Certification preferred and/or equivalent training
• BLS Required
• Clinical experience as would typically be obtained in two (2) years required.
• Significant surgical scrub experience is required.
• Technical training to include aseptic technique and sterile processing required.
• Extensive knowledge of instrumentation and equipment required for multiple specialties required.
• Extensive knowledge regarding sterile processing requirements required.
• An excellent understanding of infection control processes required.
• Ability to communicate well with other healthcare professionals as well as with lay persons required.
• Ability to operate and trouble-shoot surgical equipment required.
• Must be able to operate SPD equipment: ultrasonic, washer decontaminators, autoclaves, and other sterilizing equipment.
• Computer skills are required
Organization: Sutter Outpatient Services
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: per diem
Applications Accepted: All Applications Accepted
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.