Cisco CX SP Networking Consulting Engineer in Richardson, Texas
We are looking for a dynamic technical leader focused on Service Provider (SP) Networking within CX Technology & Transformation Group (TTG) to provide consulting and deliver services related to Mass Scale Infrastructure (MSI)
The SP Networking Consulting Engineer will be responsible for the following: * Responsible for innovating, planning and building blueprints for Mass Scale Infrastructure (MSI) SP Networking Architecture * Engages with cross functional team to build design artifacts and solution blueprints for emerging solutions including Routed Optical Networks (RON or IPoEoF), and TDM2IP / CEM Technology to meet the unique needs of Cisco’ Business, XaaS, and recurring revenue businesses to enable high-velocity sales motions by working closely with CX BD & Services Sales Community. * Builds relationships and drives collaboration with customers and partners * Optimally collaborate and communicate cross-functionally with global functional leaders, business units, engineering, sales, and marketing to gain a comprehensive understanding of their needs and represent their points of view with internal IT teams to craft platform innovation, development & delivery.
What You’ll Do
In this exciting Customer Experience (CX) Service Provider Consulting Engineer customer-facing role, you will provide engineering support that enables business outcomes that increase the value Infrastructure transformation to our customers and partners, and establishes Cisco as the number one IT company. The next-generation network requires an infrastructure that scales with the business needs and performs near peak ability and availability at all times. At Cisco, we provide the expertise and services support to help customers evaluate their network health, protect mission-critical investments, and prepare the network for future demands.
Being part of this team will provide you with incredible access to bleeding edge technology, state of the art tools and automation and a direct line to the Business Unit and Development Engineers that produce all the intellectual capital that provides great value to our customers. To be able to keep our team and elite consultants as the best network and datacenter professionals in the industry, we have established strong focus on continuous development; you should expect the best in technical and consulting skills training.
We can offer you the opportunity to make a difference and grow your career by working with great people, the latest technology, and top clients. With our team of over 65,000 employees, situated in 92 countries all across the globe, you'll be part of a growing global network where the career opportunities are endless.
Who You’ll Work With
As a CX Consulting Engineer focused on SP Networking , you will be part of a highly talented team that has a passion for problem solving. You will be working with architects, analysts, program managers and development engineers in this role in solving cutting edge business problems and drive Cisco's growth and improve operations. The Technical Leader will build close relationships with customers, CX counterparts, other architects, & business units in achieving their goals. The role will: * Report to and work with the CX Americas Service Provider Technology and Transformation Group (TTG) Leader * Work with CX Americas SP Theater Customer Delivery teams and collaborate with other regional theater teams in adopting best practices including lessons learnt * Make connections and drive actions from multiple Cisco teams including the Business Unit, Engineering, CX Product Management, CX Project Management, CX Centers Delivery teams, and CX Region Customer Delivery teams * Responsible for innovating, planning and building blueprints for Mass Scale Infrastructure (MSI) Architecture and related next-generation emerging solutions & technologies * Demonstrate technical leadership on Cisco’s product family NCS 4200, ASR900 and NCS500 on CEM based technology solutions , ASR9000 Series , NCS5500 , Cisco 8000 Routing Platforms and Optical Product portfolio NCS1000, NCS2000 and NCS4000 * Engages with cross functional team to build design artifacts and solution blueprints for MSI to meet the unique needs of Cisco’ Business, XaaS, and recurring revenue businesses to enable high-velocity sales motions by working closely with CX BD & Services Sales Community. * Builds relationships and drives collaboration with customers and partners * Optimally collaborate and communicate cross-functionally with global functional leaders, business units, engineering, sales, and marketing to gain a comprehensive understanding of their needs and represent their points of view with internal IT teams to craft platform innovation, development & delivery. * Contribute to product and offer improvement by providing lifecycle feedback to CX Product Management and CX Success Programs Teams * Collaborate with Account teams, Customer Support , Partners to improve customer experience, address product or engagement concerns, ongoing strategy and help drive incremental business growth while continuing our Customer Experience obsession * Strong understanding of MSI Architectures, Converged SDN Transport and technology platforms and hands on leadership * Strong experience in partnering with design, engineering & other product teams to ship products that build customer value * Successful track record of developing technology strategy and leading large complex delivery requirements * Have excellent communication skills, and the ability to confidently share vision & roadmap to internal/external audiences * Ability to drive cross-functional collaboration & understand the customer * Understanding customers & communicating with org will be critical * Ability to quickly come up-to-speed in a complex IT environment and embrace a quick learning culture * Ability to exhibit certain amount of forward thinking that is not based on conventional solutions, and willingness to explore them. * Understand the state of the industry transitions, trends, and standard methodologies.
Who You Are * Customer Obsessed: Proactively understands customer needs and aligns Cisco teams and resource expertise from cross-functional teams to drive alignment on decisions that enhance customer value. * Technical Solution Foundation: Ability to understand and connect customer use cases/plans with Cisco solutions and how Cisco solutions can be optimally executed and applied in a customer’s environment. Foundational technical solution knowledge, solution alignment, and industry best practices * Cross-Team Collaborator & Influencer -work across internal and external teams of all levels to proactively inspire technical implementation decisions and work towards common goal. Ability to operate and interact in a remote / virtual and face-to-face environment * Full Field Viewer - You see the big picture and all the dependencies that influence each other within and around your engagements. You proactively take actions before potential issues arise * Results Oriented: Interest in and proven execution ability with relevant technology delivery execution, customer outcomes and people development * First Responder: Skilled at issue management, solution driven ownership and managing customer expectations and escalations as well as team or employee critical needs and issues; Ability to work in a dynamic environment; make timely, logical and appropriate decisions. * Effective Communicator: Delivers complex information in a confident and convincing manner, appropriate to a diverse audience that produces clarity and impact.
Your Experience, Knowledge and Skills
This role seeks diverse technology expertise in both Routing & switching as well Optical Networking Technology domains so agility and quick ability to learn will be highly preferred
OUR MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE:
Core Skills - IP Networking and Optical Networking Technologies
- You have a BS+ (MS preferred) in a business or technical discipline
- You are dedicated, versatile Cisco professional with excellent judgement and the ability to guide teams while working towards positive outcomes
- 5+ years experience working with Networking Engineering solutions
- Good Network design consulting skills, with strong current knowledge of IP and Optical networking fundamentals
- Demonstrated experience leading IP infrastructure-related projects.
- Experience supporting multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Expert level internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment.
- Knowledge of IPv4, IPv6, QoS, Multicast, MPLS, IP Routing Protocols like ISIS, OSPF, BGP, L3VPN, L2VPN, SR and SRv6, Traffic Engineering using BGP and MPLS-TE.
- Knowledge and experience with major router platforms from one or more vendor specifics viz, Cisco NCS and ASR Product Family , Juniper MX, PTX and QFX Product Family or NOKIA XRS and SR
- Knowledge of modern router architecture including interworking of control plane and forwarding plane, switch fabric, egress queuing.
- Knowledge of Metro Ethernet architecture, Next Generation Packet transport technology, understanding of MEF standards, Ethernet Switching technologies and Protocols.
- Experience Optical and Related Transport Technologies - SONET/SDH, WDM, ROADM, WDM, ROADM, and WSS and OTN
- Experience configuring and maintaining Carrier Ethernet Switching.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a distributed / cross-functional team environment.
- Expert-level certifications (e.g. CCIE) preferred
- Familiarity with OSS/BSS systems and Automation & Orchestration exposure will be highly desired
- Strong technical account management skills. Minimum 5 years of experience in Professional/Consulting Services or high-level support
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills to various levels within Cisco and our Customers
- Ability to Identify and share opportunities, winning use cases, and relevant strategies to our CX teams and Sales teams
- A willingness to travel 50% or more (pending role requirements)
AND POSSESS ONE OF THE SPECIALITY BELOW WILL BE A PLUS :
Specialty 1 - Network Modelling and Analytics
- Experience with multiple Software Defined Networking (SDN) controller architectures (OpenDaylight, Open Contrail, Northstar).
- In-depth knowledge of network management, network availability & capacity planning
- Experience with network modeling tools like Cisco WAE or Juniper WANDL or OPNET for capacity augmentation and improvement where necessary during steady and failover state.
- Experience with Splunk for Proactive monitoring and Analysis using Next Generation telemetry, logging, reporting, dash board development, and continuous delivery technologies. *
Specialty 2 - Network Automation
- Ability to Understand and design NFV orchestration (NFVO) using NSO and ESC in an ETSI NFV architecture.
- Advanced Knowledge of Network Configuration Models (Openconfig Yang Models, IETF Yang Models).
- Strong Scripting skills with Python, Perl and API experience.
- Experience with Python Scripting and Automation Experience
- Ability Deploy and Optimize Ansible playbook scripts that interacts with NSO, IOS-XE and IOS-XR devices
- Ability to Architect, Design and Deploy Model-driven telemetry on XR devices (Yang models, gRPC, GPB, device configuration, collection architecture)
- Knowledge of Network Configuration Models (OpenConfig Yang Models, IETF Yang Models)
- Ability to Design, deploy and optimize NSO service packages (Yang model, template-based, python-based, fastmap, reactive fastmap, CLI NEDs, NETCONF NEDs, NSO northbound integration using REST and RESTCONF)
- Experience with Automation using configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Salt. Ability to develop programs using REST API to a controller northbound interface
- At least 3+ years of Linux experience with RedHat and/or other Linux flavors
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people. * We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better. * We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices. * We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.