Freddie Mac Shared Info Support, Sr in Reston, Virginia
Reston, VA 2
Full Time/Part Time:
Do you have a combination of technology skills, project management, and data expertise? Are you someone who thrives on collaborating with the business and technology to ensure a successful outcome for your stakeholders? If so, apply today to join Freddie Mac’s growing Single-Family Data department as our newest Senior Data Business Analyst!
This position is in the Single-Family Data Governance & Management organization on the Approved Provisioning Points (APPs) Business Management team. APPs Business Management provides business ownership and management for Contract, Loan, Mortgage Back Securities (MBS), and Primary Market Loan (PML) APPs along with Common Transformation Services (CTrS) to ensure data accessibility, availability, accuracy, and integrity. We provide initiative/project support and business operations support for the APPs.
Initiative/Project Support includes but not limited to:
Requirements gathering and facilitation
User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
Post Production Validation
• Perform data issue/problem management, research potential data exceptions, and initiative/project engagement: data analysis, leveraging current sources including databases, data and process models, business requirements and other artifacts.
• Provide project support as needed: gather, analyze, evaluate, and document business requirements, conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT), perform post production validation.
• Act as liaison between business area and technical support teams to ensure all parties have complete understanding of requirements, issues/requests and process steps to ensure alignment and successful outcome.
• Independently determines and develops approach to solutions, working under limited direction.
• Follows established processes, procedures, directions and helps drive continuous process improvements.
• Responsible for maintaining process documentation and other relevant records as needed.
• Monitor and support a shared team mailbox.
• Provide On-Call support as needed.
Work Location Zip Code:
• College Degree or equivalent experience, preferably Degree in English, Language Arts, Math, or Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems.
• 5-7 years of experience as Business/Data Analyst and overall progressive experience supporting a divisional/enterprise data or data control function, or similar experience.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Work, Excel, Visio etc.).
• Good written and verbal communication.
• Experience with analyzing Mainframe dataset and Mainframe tools
• Solid experience with SQL and/or XML/XSD.
• Experience with DB2 and Oracle database.
• Strong data analysis, research and analytical skills.
• Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, accuracy and accountability.
• Experience in Agile software development environments.
Key to success in this role
• A sense of humor
• Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility
• Ability to work with and collaborate across the team and where silos exist
• Ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships inside and outside of the APPs team
• Deep curiosity to learn about new trends and how to do things better
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
• Seek and Embrace Change – Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting the status quo
• Growth and Development – Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
Work Location City:
Shared Information Support, Sr
• Experience in the Mortgage industry, Freddie Mac, and operational processes and information needs are a plus.
• Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changes.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Work Location State:
Information Technology (IT)