TEKsystems QA Tester in Raleigh, North Carolina
Top Skills' Details
5+ years as a QA Tester doing mostly manual testing and working with data warehouse tools such as IBM Cognos.
Strong SQL experience- this person will need to have experience writing SQL queries from scratch
Experience with Tosca Data Integrity (DI)
This person will be working on the Data Warehouse project supporting their Medicaid and Medicaid Data Center. My customer is looking for a testing lead to join their team. This person will be responsible for working with internal team members to define and document testing policy, processes and procedures for complex data warehousing project implementations and maintenance. The Testing Lead implements the WH Test Strategy and oversees all testing activities, including system integration testing, user acceptance testing, as well as post-production maintenance releases and regression testing. The Testing Lead coordinates with the development and architecture teams for unit, performance, load and stress testing strategy, implementation and execution. This position should coordinate the documentation of test execution results and report quality metrics to internal and external management. Additionally, the Testing Lead shall establish and maintain bidirectional requirements traceability to test cases as well as prepare and present deliverables to support customer implementations. The Testing Lead will oversee and support a team of test analysts (testers) responsible for the creation, execution and documentation of test cases for all functional and non-functional requirements in project scope. This position reports to the project Technical Delivery Lead.
• Strong experience in functional testing with the ability to design and develop test strategy and test cases
• Ability to review technical requirements with data warehouse and business intelligence terminology to produce test strategies, test scenarios, and test cases for the data warehouse team
• Creates the Test Plan for the software release, defining resources, and test suites, risks, and implements WH Test Strategy
• Ability to work in an agile environment with an iterative approach to development
• Integrate with a development team, business analysis team, and scrum team, working in an iterative environment
• Estimate workload for tasks as part of the release and sprint planning
• Indicate performed and upcoming activities as well as known impediment(s)/issue(s)
• Express issues in a clear, consistent and understandable manner (written, verbal)
• Take ownership of all assigned tasks and project related assignments
• Update, on a regular basis, collaboration suites used to share progress/status on the project
• Effectively advocate and disseminate testing best practices across the team
• Mentor less seasoned testers through cross training and technical expertise
• Continuously identify areas of progress (methods, toolset) for testing scope
• Database Systems
• Experience in SQL
• Software Testing Process
• Testing Methodology Analysis
• Knowledge of Data Warehouse architecture/dimensional modeling
• Familiarity with Business Intelligence platform(s) (Cognos, Tableau)
• JAMA, JIRA, or equivalent test case management
• Familiarity with Tricentis testing tool stack (Tosca DI, qTest)
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.