Petaluma Health Center Inc Front Office Receptionist in Point Reyes, California
The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is a eleven-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of the Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal for the last 5 consecutive years.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
Summary: The Front Office Receptionist greets and welcomes all patients to the center as they enter the front office waiting rooms. The Front Office Receptionist is responsible for answering questions, registering patients, and relaying information on the programs and insurances.
Areas of Responsibility:
· Responsible for greeting patients and driving a positive patient customer service experience
· Ensure that the waiting room environment tidy and presentable with all necessary material
· Respond to inquiries from patients, visitors and employees and refer, when necessary, to the appropriate person or department
· Responsible ensuring required forms are fully and appropriately completed and entered into electronic health records
· Monitor and maintain goal levels of patient check in per hour, patient collection and accurate capturing of insurance and programs
· Reconcile monies with batch detail and report and ensures safe keeping of all cash, checks, and credit card transactions received
· System knowledge; creating and updating computerized patient records.
· Utilize the wiki for day to day job responsibility
· Schedule appointments according to policies and procedures, appointment matrix, proper visit types, and other current guidelines.
· Responsible for extensive knowledge of appointment protocols (new patient, controlled medication screening, mental health, women’s health and etc.)
· Accurate capturing of patient demographic information, insurance information, and structured data
· Create telephone encounters, messages, email, notations and assign properly to staff
· Appropriately check in patients by changing check in status, updating patient demographics and insurance information
· Facilitates patient flow by notifying the back office of patient arrivals, being aware of delays, and communicating with patients and clinical staff
· Verify insurance and program eligibility by using insurance websites or program guidelines
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· High School or equivalent or higher education
· Minimum of one year experience in a health care related field or customer service
· Strong communication skills, verbal and written
· Experience and demonstration of strong customer service skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Basic working knowledge of insurance coverage, claims submission and preauthorization process
· Sensitivity to the needs and situations of multi-cultural populations from a variety of income levels
· Excellent attention to detail
Language Skills: Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions and requests from patients, co-workers, and others as necessary. Bilingual in English and Spanish; verbal required, written preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to recognize problems, collect data and establish facts.
Computer Skills: High level of computer literacy and proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), electronic medical records, web applications and the ability to type 35 words per minute.
Keyword: Front Office, Receptionist, Bilingual, Admin, Lab, Laboratory, Office Assistant, Front Desk, Spanish, Medical Records
From: Petaluma Health Center Inc