JPMorgan Chase Asset & Wealth Management - Control Management - Business Analyst I- Associate in Plano, Texas
• Work directly with clients, developers, and management to assess the impact to data, systems, and processes based on changes being requested
• Document end-user requirements, develop solutions for complex changes, and assist management with prioritizing changes based on business needs
• Adherence to firm wide standards including ensuring departmental functions are properly documented
• Build and maintain positive relationships with users of the Shared Services technology, tools and data
• Assist users to trouble shoot issues with systems, processes, and procedures
• Identify opportunities to improve efficiency or reduce risks by enhancing processes or implementing new technology or software to meet business needs.
• Perform maintenance, user acceptance testing, and validation for existing software tools, platforms, and databases
• Advanced quantitative and analytical skills with a continuous process improvement mindset
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Advanced Project Management and leadership skills with an ability to collaborate with cross functional teams to drive solutions
• Knowledge of Office Professional Suite includes Project, Visio and Access with a proficiency in Excel
• Demonstrating strong problem solving skills
• Detailed oriented, and excellent time management skills
• Proactive individual who can thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and changing environment
• Experience with data extraction, manipulation, and visualization tools a plus (e.g., SQL, Tableau, SSRS, Alteryx, etc.)
• Knowledge of SharePoint including creation of standard forms, and workflows
• Knowledge of JIRA and the Agile methodology (preferred)
• Proven ability to work and think independently
• Bachelor's Degree required
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans