Penn Medicine Coding Resident Trainee in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Coding Resident Trainee
Job ID :105688
Job Category: Health Information Management/Coding
Specialty Area: Health Information Management/Coding
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: WILL REQUIRE full or partial on site work
Penn Medicine Entity: Corporate Services
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Address: 1500 Market Street
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
Penn Medicine is seeking qualified candidates to enter the 8th class of our Coding Academy! This medical record coding program is designed to accelerate the candidate’s professional coding practice from novice to fully competent over a 30 week formal training and apprenticeship period.
The Penn Medicine Coding Academy is a full-time program, conducted during the business day at our training site in Philadelphia. The program will begin on January 9, 2022.
Qualified participants will be paid competitive wages during the training and residency program.
Upon successful completion of the Penn Medicine Coding Academy residency program, participants will be transitioned to a full time Coding Technician position. There is a three year employment commitment required, which begins once the participant is placed as a Coding Technician.
Minimum Requirements :
Pre-requisites for entry into the program include:
• High school diploma or GED required
• Computer skills are required
• Completion of college level courses in Anatomy, Physiology and Medical terminology, with a grade of B- or better OR completion of an AHIMA approved program required Transcripts must be provided.
• Completion of college level courses in ICD-10-CM/PCS coding systems with a grade of B- or better required. Transcripts must be provided.
• Additional college level coursework is preferred
The successful applicant will also possess the following attributes:
• Professional, health care environment experience preferred;
• Demonstrated capacity to learn complex material/information in an accelerated environment;
• Highly receptive to receiving feedback in a learning environment;
• Demonstrated interest in work that requires an attention to details;
• Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills;
• Receptive to working in an environment that monitors performance based upon productivity standards;
• Strong interest in continuing his/her career with Penn Medicine and contributing to our overall mission of exceptional patient care.
Additional Information :
Please attach your transcripts to the application.
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.