UnityPoint Health Supply Technician II: Proctor Hospital in Peoria, Illinois
Supply Technician II
2nd Shift (3pm- 11:30pm) alternating weekends
This position performs essential Supply Chain functions and has demonstrated mastery of Supply Tech I competencies. Primary focus is on replenishing supply closets (PARs) and ordering supplies for clinical departments. Uses the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to properly order supplies, print labels, maintain PARs, replenish specialty carts and respond to stat requests.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
% of Time
Ordering and PAR Maintenance
· Responsible for accurate and timely PAR counts
· Creates accurate counts and reports irregularities – i.e. increased or decreased usage.
· Identifies and implements PAR efficiencies – i.e. quantities, organization, additions, deletions
· Documents supply requests and communicates to Inventory Control / Management
· Replenishes crash carts and other specialty carts maintained by supply chain
· Inspects and processes carts appropriately
· Prioritizes carts appropriately and communicates problems
· Checks in and puts away inventory
· Responsible for accurately documenting credits items back into inventory
· Uses system resources to locate products on PARs (IC82)
Identifies Out Of Stocks (OOS) items to the attention of Inventory Control / Management
· Follows department process for issuing and delivering equipment
· Monitors equipment PARs
· Properly marks and process equipment for repair
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
· Some College courses
2+ Years’ Healthcare or inventory experience
Attention to Detail
Medical Product Familiarity
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
· Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities/hospitals.
· Required to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.
Requisition ID: 2023-129750
Street: 5409 N Knoxville Ave
Name: 51 UPH Proctor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Full-time; 2nd Shift (3pm- 11:30pm) with alternating weekends
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org