Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Technical Manager, Risk and Compliance - Remote in Parsippany, New Jersey
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Technical Manager, Risk and Compliance - Remote to join our team at the Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way location in Parsippany, New Jersey.
The Technical Manager, Risk and Compliance within the Wyndham Hotels and Resorts’ Risk and Compliance group is responsible for managing the full scope of the regulatory assessments, ensuring completion and reporting on all risk assessments assigned to them. The role includes preparing for assessments, participating in assessments and supporting any third parties in the performance of all assessment activities. The duties are hands-on in nature and require knowledge of operating systems, applications, databases and hospitality related technologies and processes. The incumbent shall have a solid working familiarity with PCI, HIPAA, ISO27000 series, as well as, be familiar with all Wyndham Information Security and Privacy Policies and procedures.
Managing the ongoing Wyndham Hotels and Resorts compliance assessment program for the Managed Property assessments.
Lead the coordinating interviews and data collection sessions for each assessment in the program
Provide information to support dashboards and detailed reports for senior management for all initiative status and remediation tracking
Assist other Risk and Compliance staff with their assessments ensuring consistency in the program
The candidate will be empowered to present opinions on risk and compliance as it relates to assigned projects.
This candidate should require minimal supervision on a day to day basis.
This candidate’s decisions will be required to be reviewed by their direct management, prior to being presented to the shared services customers.
This role currently may have direct or indirect report associated with it while performing team based assessments.
The individual’s role is key in supporting the organization’s information security risk and compliance program. These activities will drive recommendations to spending on remediation for higher risk areas. This function will provide input for recommendations across the entire company. There are a number of key risk indicators that are addressed by this individual’s ongoing assessment and remediation tracking activities. The role will directly support the continued maturity of the information security risk and compliance program.
This job currently requires up to 35% travel domestically and internationally as required to full fill the roles and responsibilities of the position. This will primarily be domestic travel and require use of the airline industry. An additional 5% may be allocated to travel for training and seminars.
• This role requires the individual to establish trust with various departments within the company to ensure timely two way communication channels.
• The individual will need to have a subject matter understanding of compliance and risk assessment processes and be able to apply the concepts to the hospitality industry.
• The individual needs to be self-motivated and have the ability to organize their time accordingly.
• The individual will be working with various other technical and non-technical personnel, and therefore have the ability to provide leadership as required to ensure delivery of service.
• The individual will be performing a detailed risk assessment role and is expected to create innovative solutions to accomplishing the risk assessment for the various initiatives assigned.
• The candidate should be able to communicate in a concise manner both orally and in writing. Ability to present in front of an audience is a must have skill.
• The candidate must have the ability to re-adjust priorities based on management’s request to handle special unplanned activities.
• The candidate must have had experience in maintaining or assessing operating system, database, application and hospitality process and procedures as it relates to information security.
• The candidate must have had system analysis and development process assessment experience for business systems.
• The candidate must have at minimum 4 years experience performing IS risk and / or compliance assessments. The experience should include Property Compliance assessments.
a) The candidate is expected to have at minimum a college degree from an accredited college with a concentration in either computer science or information systems analysis and design. Any courses related to controls and support of hospitality industry systems is a plus.
b) The candidate should have or working towards one or more of the following certifications:
ISA / PCIP
Other certifications related to Risk Assessment and Program Management may be accepted depending on areas of experience
This role reports up through the Director of Risk and Compliance, who in turn reports up to the Sr. Director of IS Risk and Compliance.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way, 22 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, New Jersey 07054
Employment Status: Full-time