Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Director, Finance Intelligence in Parsippany, New Jersey
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Director, Finance Intelligence to join our team at the Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way location in Parsippany, New Jersey.
The Director, Finance Intelligence, will lead a team to deliver all aspects of design, development, integration, and deployment of reporting and analytic solutions leveraging the WHR reporting platforms but not limited to Oracle Analytics Cloud, Oracle Autonomous Warehouse, Redshift, Oracle EBS, and Hyperion applications. The role will focus on the following directives:
Modernize our report presentation, delivery, and accessibility. i.e. Mobile alerts and insights, auto-generated visual daily reports, interactive financials.
Fully deploy the capabilities of Oracle Analytics Cloud to create a next-generation finance analytics platform.
Lead and co-design with business, to develop reporting roadmaps and strategies to support their objectives, i.e. daily cash flow performance, A/R collection effectiveness
Deliver a cohesive Finance data warehouse integrating WHR financial and operational data sources including Oracle EBS, Hyperion applications, third-party Saas finance applications, Salesforce finance data, and AWS Redshift.
Create a finance analytics framework that delivers a unified view of data, metrics, and insights to make informed, data-driven decisions.
The ideal candidate will:
Be an analytically minded strategist who will foster a analytics-driven culture, possess a broad mix of business and technical acumen, inspires and influences decisions, and is an exceptional communicator across all levels of the organization, both business and IT
Have strong leadership skills and finance literacy with a demonstrated history of building credibility with stakeholders to drive and implement impactful change, and maintain strong relationships throughout the organization, and collaborate with other departments, teams, and partners
Partner with development teams, internal or external, in the design of complex solutions and ensures that they are aligned with finance standards and principles
Facilitate organizational data strategies for governance, design, implementation, integration and usage
Lead the design, planning, development, and deployment of reporting solutions
Partner with business stakeholders to define their Finance reporting needs and requirements
Collaborate with the finance system team, external vendors, and I.T. to direct implementation of the Finance reporting strategic roadmap & capital initiatives
Ensure timely and efficient support over all finance reporting systems related to issues, enhancements, and future integrations
Oversee data and metric integrity across the finance reporting platforms
Ensure compliance with all audit and SOX requirements with internal and external audit partners
This role will communicate frequently with Finance clients (users) including managing/executive members of the accounting and financial planning organization. This role will also frequently interface with IT partners and Oracle support (external vendor) to diagnose and resolve any system issues on an on-going basis. In addition, the role will require interfacing with external vendors to identify new products, maintain vendor engagement on issues and support, and stay informed of product (as used by WHR) upgrades and future releases.
Decision Making Authority – Authority exercised in the role will be broad but driven by the priority of meeting Finance department needs. Authority will be constrained by departmental and capital budgets, scope of the systems supported and services offered. All authority will have at least one level of Finance Departmental oversight.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and build solid relationships with individuals at all
levels, in multiple geographies and business functions.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, deadline driven, highly dynamic atmosphere and react quickly to changes and shifting priorities.
• Strong functional understanding of financial concepts and finance data required
• Strong relationship skills and ability to build alignment among customers and key stakeholders with demonstrated experience influencing without authority
• Excellent analytical and solution-architecting abilities
• Fluency with the mechanics of a properly maintained data stack, from data ingestion, integration, all the way to visualization
• A strong focus and a capacity to collaborate with partners to troubleshoot and optimize processes
• Work in partnership with operational teams / IT to provide input to the company strategic plan
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field
• 10+ years’ experience in a business intelligence or finance role (minimum 2 years’ experience in a finance capacity)
• 5+ experience with Oracle EBS and Hyperion planning systems (or other ERP and EPM systems) required
• 5+ years’ experience working with Oracle Analytics or other leading BI platform required
• Experience working in a franchise model company or hospitality industry preferred
• Must have a strong background in project development delivery (agile delivery preferred)
• Highly proficient knowledge with Windows applications, including but not limited to Word,
Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way, 22 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, New Jersey 07054
Employment Status: Full-time