Lockheed Martin Guidance, Nav & Ctrl (GNC) Engineer - Level 2 in Palmdale, California
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description: Guidance, Nav & Ctrl (GNC) Engineer - Level 2
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
A level 2 employee Typically has 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
Collaborate with subsystem and software engineers to integrate MATLAB and C++ models of weapons, sensors, ground systems and environments, guidance, navigation and autopilot algorithms and actual Operational Flight Program code into the 6-Degree of Freedom (6-DOF) Integrated Flight Simulations (IFS). Develop and maintain GNC analysis and design tools in the MATLAB / SIMULINK environment
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Palmdale, CA Discover Palmdale.
• Must be a US citizen, active DoD SECRET clearance is required
• Weapons experience across Guidance, Navigation, and/or Controls (GNC) disciplines
• Bachelors or Above Degree in Engineering/Technical Discipline
• Prior strong experience with modeling, GNC, navigation and/or flight controls is required
• High fidelity 6DOF and/or 3DOF simulations development experience in MATLAB & SIMULINK is required
• The candidate must have working experience with C/C++ and be thoroughly proficient with, modeling and simulation using MATLAB/Simulink
• Highly proficient in MATLAB/SIMULINK tools
• 2+ years of work experience developing GNC algorithms & 6DoF simulations
• Perform mission level analysis of weapon system
• Conduct modeling and simulation of weapon system and associated sub-system performance
• Plan and develop verification & validation of models
• Experience with Monte Carlo simulations and analysis
• Experience with MATLAB Coder™ and Simulink Coder™ is desirable
• Knowledge of parallel computing and MATLAB Parallel server is a plus
• Experience with autopilot design and linear stability analysis is desired
• Experience with the software development process in a team environment (peer reviews, unit testing, configuration management, defect tracking)
• Experience troubleshooting software/system anomalies in the System Integration Lab/ flight hardware
• Gitlab and version control tools
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.