AdventHealth CVOR Surgical Tech Days $10,000 Sign On and Relo in Palm Coast, Florida
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
- $10,000 Sign On and $3,000 Relo
- Excellent health benefits
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Opportunity for a flexible schedule
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Works independently or in collaboration with other staff as directed to ensure required supplies, instruments, positioning devices and equipment is available for all assigned procedures. Utilizes preference cards to effectively assure essential supplies and equipment are available as needed.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills, maintains patient confidentiality and interacts with all internal and external customers in a professional and courteous demeanor. Speaks positively to and about co-workers and the organization. Acceptance of constructive criticism.
- Adheres to all hospital and departmental safety initiatives and policies including but not limited to Universal Protocol, Universal precautions, biohazardous waste management, waste stream management, sponge/ instrument counts, surgical specimen management, and patient transfer techniques. Maintains a clean, orderly work environment.
- Demonstrates competency in all procedures within scope of practice and training as appropriate to all patient populations served. Competency includes use and applications of appropriate routine and specialty instruments, room preparations, equipment selection and positioning devices, aseptic technique and sterilization methods.
- Demonstrates flexibility and understanding of assigned work duties. Adapts to changes in assigns duties by prioritizing appropriately. Proactively assists others with minimal supervision.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Successful completion of an accredited school for Surgical Technology.
- Certification as Surgical Technician.
- BLS Required.
Job Summary:The surgical technologist actively participates in the preparation and management of supply inventories, surgical equipment, operating room suite readiness and clinical/technical assistance as directed while performing operative and invasive procedures. This position requires knowledge of surgical instrumentation, the ability to prepare and or assemble complex mechanical devices, sequential planning, and knowledge of fundamental anatomy, strong anticipatory skills and dexterity. This position is also responsible to keep abreast of new products, procedures and physician techniques. The surgical technologist supports CVOR services to provide an effective and safe patient/staff environment. All activities associated with the role of the surgical technologist are under the direct supervision of the perioperative registered nurse and operating surgeon
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.