Dow Chemical ODMS Coordinator - LHC-8/ PDH in Oyster Creek, Texas
ODMS Coordinator - LHC-8/ PDH
At a glance
Position:ODMS Coordinator - LHC-8/ PDH
Primary locationOyster Creek (TX, USA), Texas, United States of America
Date Posted:Tue, 14 Sep 2021
Dow has an exciting opportunity for an ODMS Coordinator for LHC-8/PDH in Oyster Creek, Texas.
Supports the business in maintaining the Operations Document Management System (ODMS) and maximizing value from ODMS use for LHC-8, PDH and the OC-402 lab. Typically responsible for a small to medium facility. Requires full proficiency in a range of technical, operational, or analytical/scientific processes and procedures through job-related training and considerable on the job experience to perform a variety of work assignments. Acts as an informal resource for team members with less experience.
Responsibilities / Duties
• Leads overall ODMS "maintain" efforts for the business in the department.
• Coordinates and works with other ODMS support and implementation roles to "implement" and "maintain" the ODMS.
• Acts as the organization subject matter expert for the overall management system.
• Supports all element owners in the department.
• Drives the Plan DO Check Act cycle of continuous improvement.
• Works with Business/Department Leadership to identify organization level opportunities.
• Coordinates and facilitates the Management System Reviews.
• Coordinates and facilitates audit preparation and manages the self-assessment process.
*The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation assistance for this position. This includes reimbursement for travel expenses incurred to and from test sessions/interviews. If you apply for a position that is not within the area in which you reside, you will be responsible for all costs that you incur. *
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
• Experience in utilizing an Operating Discipline Management System (ODMS) is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to operate office machines and phone systems.
• Ability to operate independently and to take the initiative in accomplishing job responsibilities.
• Good project and time management skills, ability to prioritize appropriately.
• Effectively able to manage multiple competing priorities.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with ability to interface well with wide variety of people.
• Positive attitude, with an open-minded approach to learning.
• Proactive approach in planning for various needs and requirements of work group - including an awareness of the responsibilities of group members.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills are essential.
• Meeting facilitation skills are important.
Must be willing and able to do the following with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Wear safety equipment, such as earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes
• Wear and use escape respirators.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visitwww.dow.comor follow@DowNewsroom (https://twitter.com/DowNewsroom) on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available onwww.dow.com.
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-833-My Dow HR and select option 0, then press *.