Lockheed Martin Staff Automation and Robotics Engineer / Orlando, FL in Orlando, Florida
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Supports and participates in the design, test, modification, fabrication and assembly of manufacturing tools and electromechanical systems that includes automated components such as collaborative robots, conveyors, vision systems and programmable controller. This position is responsible for hands-on integration of robotics, end of arm tools (EOATs), and existing systems and machines. This role will work with engineering and manufacturing roles to understand requirements and manufacturing processes for which robotics can be developed and deployed. Other routine responsibilities will be capital planning and execution, vendor/integrator engagement, and deployment of automation solutions at multiple sites across MFC. Approximately 25% travel required to facilitate multi-site automation projects.
• BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering/Science, Physics, or related discipline
• Ability to obtain DoD Secret Security Clearance
• Python, C++, or similar programming experience
• Demonstrated discipline in executing multi-functional projects with competing constraints
• Experience with collaborative robots such as Universal Robots or equivalent
• Experience integrating EOAT through I/O architecture
• Understanding of facilitation needs for robotics
• Skilled in robotic simulation using tools such as Visual Components, Octopuz, RoboDK, or equivalent
• Ability to develop and communicate larger automation strategy across multiple product lines – excellent written and oral communication skills
• Nine or more years of related experience with a bachelor's degree OR 7 or more years with a master's.
• Minimum 7 years of experience integrating automation and robotics for industrial use
• M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering/Science, Physics, or related discipline
• Experience with PLC programming
• Experience in developing tooling and machine/robotic cell design
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.