AdventHealth New Patient Coordinator Vascular Surgery Orlando FT Days in Orlando, Florida
* New Patient Coordinator AdventHealth Medical Group*
* Location Address:* 2415 N. Orange Ave, Suite 302, Orlando, FL 32804. Some travel to Oviedo satellite office.
* Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Medical Group*
- Faith based & mission driven organization
- Central Florida’s premier multi-specialty medical group
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits such as Educational Reimbursement
- CREATION Health employee wellness and lifestyle programs
- Positive working climate to support a work life balance
* Work Hours/Shift:*
- Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm
* You Will Be Responsible For:*
- Completes registration and obtains insurance authorization for new patients
- Ensures financial information/copy of insurance card is forwarded to Billing Dept.
- Obtains pertinent medical records before date of appointment for new patients
- Schedules physician appointments for new patients
- Provides each new patient with the appropriate administrative guide
* What You Will Need:*
- Associate’s Degree OR 1 year of medical office experience
- Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements
- Experience with computers
- Proficiency in medical terminology
- EMR experience – Preferred
* Job Summary:*
The New Patient Coordinator is the initial contact for each new patient and ensures that they are well prepared for their first visit by making certain patients are being seen by the appropriate physician and that patients arrive for their appointment with all pertinent information to ensure optimal care coordination (medical records, test results, referrals, copays). In addition, patients will be provided information on directions, parking and building navigation. The New Patient Coordinator is also tasked with communicating with referring practices to establish efficient processes and obtain feedback on patient experiences
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Medical Group Central FL
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.