Lockheed Martin Manufacturing Engineer - Orlando, FL in Orlando, Florida
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: WEEKEND SHIFT
Lockheed Martin is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for a position in Orlando, FL supporting one of the manufacturing centers (Final Assembly & Sensor Integration).
The candidate will:
• Provide technical guidance and support to the manufacturing operations
• Determine root causes and implement the associated corrective actions as related to unit failures.
• Reduce cost and increase yields using lean manufacturing principles
• Develop and implement new processes and technologies
• Utilize CAD and software programs to develop Manufacturing Process Plans, design tooling, support equipment, process flows.
The employee will continuously learn and apply a wide variety of engineering techniques, will contribute to projects in a teaming environment and will investigate, transfer, and adapt processes, techniques, or methods to new applications.
This position Typically has 0 - 4 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Materials, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
• Previous technical experience in a production / manufacturing environment
• Ability to obtain a Security clearance, therefore must be a US citizen.
• Ability to support Weekend operations
• Ability to support 2nd shift operations, if required.
• Two or more years of related experience
• Ability to clearly communicate instructions, verbally and written, providing clear direction for subsequent builds
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes (electronic, mechanical, optical assemblies), GD&T, precision machining, assembly sequences.
• Experience writing technical work instructions for a variety of electronic and electro/mechanical/optical assemblies and processes.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Access, Word, Excel)
• SAP Experience
• Knowledge of LEAN Six Sigma manufacturing, concepts, and techniques
• CREO/ProE experience with a focus on tooling, taking a concept through to final design and fabrication
• Experience in troubleshooting problems and developing solutions.
• Experience in Manufacturing Process Planning, Work Instructions, Equipment specification and installation.
• Experience in process development and automation
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.