Performance Food Group Fleet Mechanic in Omaha, Nebraska
Performance Foodservice Omaha (0574)
$10,000 Sign On Bonus!!
Health Benefits Day 1 of Employment
Through their knowledge of the distribution industry, the Fleet team works to reduce costs, ensure compliance standards and assist locations with value added solutions to provide well maintained equipment for employees’ use.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
Performs all preventive maintenance and mechanic work on all company trucks and trailers in order to minimize the effect on deliveries.
Performs oil changes when necessary
Lubricates chassis, trans, wheel hubs, rear axles, and 5th wheels
Checks the batteries on tractor and trailers
Checks and replaces belts as necessary
Checks and replaces brake shoes as necessary
Checks and replaces wheel bearings as necessary
Checks and replaces clutches as necessary
Checks for electrical problems
Maintains anti-freeze as needed
Replaces starters, alternators and generators
Performs additional duties as assigned
Works always in a safe manner
Address Line 1:
6720 N 9th Street
Omaha, Nebraska (NE)
Full Time / Part Time:
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy (http://pfgc.com/Policy) ; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster (http://pfgc.com/Poster) and supplement (http://pfgc.com/Supplement) ; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement (http://pfgc.com/PayTransparency) .
• High school diploma or GED.
• Minimum of two years related experience.
• Must possess own tools.
• Valid Driver’s License to operate applicable company vehicles
• Acceptable motor vehicle record in compliance with Department of Transportation regulations.
• Ability to work any schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to utilize an on-board computer and desktop computer.
• Ability to read and speak English sufficiently and be able to make legible entries on reports and records.
• Ability to frequently lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 50 pounds.
• Some travel may be required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
• ASE Certifications (Including Master-T).
• Trade school diploma or certification.
• Commercial Driver’s License.
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.
Click Here for Benefits Information (https://pfgc.com/Careers.aspx#benefits)