Robert Half Director of Accounting in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
The Director of Accounting contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing General Accounting functions and tasks for the organization. Responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, SEC requirements and US GAAP.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Develops, implements, and ensures compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
• Ensures compliance with all internal and external audit findings.
• Documents and maintains complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
• Develops and maintains financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
• Oversees reconciliation of bank and investment accounts.
• Reviews monthly results and implements monthly variance reporting.
• Manages the cash flow and prepares cash flow forecasts and revisions.
• Oversees the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
• Manages the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate.
• Oversees all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
• Processes and submits statutory and benefits remittances on time.
• Evaluates the needs for new technology to meet the organization's financial data processing, control, and reporting requirements.
• Monitors risk management policies and procedures to ensure that program and organizational risks are minimized.
• Advises the organization's leadership on appropriate insurance coverage for the organization.
• Manages and leads a team through month end, quarter-end, year-end, and annual budgeting.
• Ensures successful completion of the company’s tax filings.
• Additional duties as assigned within scope of practice.
• The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of the organization and serve as a role model within the company.
• Exhibits positive customer service behavior in every day work interactions.
• Demonstrates a courteous and respectful attitude to internal workforce and external customers.
• Communicates accurately and appropriately. • Handles difficult situations in a discreet and professional manner.
• Holds self-accountable for professional practice.
• Participates in performance improvement activities utilizing principles to support and improve departmental goals.
• Demonstrates knowledge of unit goals and is active in committees and projects to achieve these goals.
• Keeps current with literature regarding changing practices, professional updates and best practices.
• Assumes responsibility for seeking out educational and professional opportunities for personal learning needs and growth as well as meeting mandatory education requirements.
• Acts as a preceptor as requested.
• Demonstrates excellent ability to work seamlessly in a team environment. Positively contributes to the already excellent work culture.
• Demonstrates excellent work attendance and actively participates in a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
• Adheres to the to company's Code of Conduct and Standards of Behavior. Complies with established policies and procedures and all health and safety requirements.
• Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management/Administration; Graduate degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance preferred.
• Seven plus years of progressive Accounting and leadership experience in the Healthcare industry is required.
• Meets the requirements for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
• Shows exceptional communication and presentation skills at all levels.
• Shows strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies.
• Shows ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
• High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
• Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation required.
• CSAF or CHFP preferred.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Such accommodations must be requested by the employee/applicant to be considered
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.