AdventHealth Patient Care Technician PCU Cardiovascular FT Days-Ocala in Ocala, Florida
Patient Care Tech AdventHealth Ocala
Location Address: 1500 SW 1stAve Ocala, Florida 34471
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs patient care task in a safe and competent manner without significant deviations from the standard of care.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements PCT care in a timely manner based on individualized needs of patient.
- Coordinates PCT care with RN and other interdisciplinary care to optimize patient outcomes
- Demonstrates ability to recognize changes in patient status and report those changes to RN/LPN immediately.
- Maintains complete and timely documentation that assures accurate reflection of care provided.
What You Will Need:
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- All current CNAs must complete the phlebotomy course and obtain ten minimal blood draws. All competencies need to be successfully complete before end of orientation. Failure to complete course, blood draws, and competency within stated time frame will be deemed no longer meeting the minimal requirements for the position and will result in separation of position.
- Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS), certification or proof of competency is required upon hire.
- A new hire may begin employment provided the facility has the ability to facilitate the successful completion of the required AHA BLS program prior to any patient contact. This may be achieved using web-based training with voice-assisted manikin skills check off (ie: Resuscitation Quality Improvement (RQI) Program or Heartcode) or instructor-led training.
- FL DOH License required
Assist patients with the activities of daily living, performs patient care tasks and maintains a safe and clean environment. Completes tasks under the supervision of a Registered Nurse within the scope of practice as defined by the Florida State Board of Nursing.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Ocala
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.