Truist National Commercial Underwriter - Kensington Vanguard in New York, New York
Req ID: R0065813
The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the Apply button at the top or bottom of this page. You'll be required to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application, you can request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email toAccessibilityor call 877-891-2510 (accommodation requests only; other inquiries won't receive a response).
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Leading Title Agency is seeking an experienced National Commercial Underwriter to join our team. The ideal candidate must have at least 5 years of experience in a similar role. This position is responsible for handling large volumes of files for National Commercial transactions. Attention to detail, great communication skills (verbal & written) great organizational skills, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment are essential for success in this position.
• Primary point of contact for clients, attorneys and sales reps for commercial transactions.
• Review title insurance products such as commitments, pro-formas, policies and endorsements with support of in-house legal team or agency counsel if necessary.
• Work with Buyer/Seller and Lenders to clear and close National Transactions
• Assist coordinators in preparing invoices on National Deals
• Interact with the Salespeople on work generated out of New York Office
• Help with possible overflow of settlement statements
• Forward-facing transaction management with heavy interaction between all parties to a commercial transaction
• Work closely with local and/or agency counsel on complex underwriting matters/High Liability approvals
• Pipeline management and ensuring the critical dates and follow-ups are being met
• Coordination of delivery of executed documents for recording/post-closing
• Recognize title defects and work with clients and if necessary in-house counsel and/or agency counsel as to insurability, when necessary.
• Correspond with clients to obtain missing documentation and/or clarify information.
• Minimum of 5 years of related transaction experience
• Time management skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal).
• Excellent spelling and language comprehension.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work tasks Initiate work/self-learning/development. Ability to work under deadlines.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
• Experience in SoftPro Select (Preferred but not required)
• Able to maintain work priorities in an environment with multiple concurrent tasks and projects and maintain flexibility related to assigned tasks
• High attention to detail a must
• High energy, a positive attitude a must
About Kensington Vanguard National Land
Kensington Vanguard National Land Services is one of the largest independent full-service national title insurance agencies in the country providing:
• Commercial & Residential Title Insurance
• Real Property & Cooperative Lien Searches
• Settlement Services
• Escrow Services
• Recording Services
• 1031 Exchange Services
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.