American Express Manager - Account Development (AIA) in New Jersey
The GCS US Large Market Client Group manages strategic corporate payment relationships with clients, including many multi-national organizations and acquires new corporate payments customers with annual sales of $300M . This Manager, Large Market Client Group is responsible for deepening strategic account relationships and growing the corporate payments spend in a portfolio of up to approximately 10 accounts ranging across various industries.
Job Responsibilities: * Must be able to probe client to understand needs; then have the knowledge and savviness to discuss business to business solutions that fit those needs. * Serve as payments expert for all corporate payments solutions within portfolio to deliver on the GCP value proposition * Engage, develop and strongly influence mobilizers across multiple levels within the client’s organization to demonstrate American Express’ differentiated value and achieve profitability objectives * Attend earnings calls, review annual financial reports, 10-K, and other financial tools to help identify and analyze client growth opportunities * Interface with various divisions of American Express to develop and implement customized and strategic account plans * Achieve portfolio growth and retention targets * Influence and innovate to overcome complex client barriers, resolve escalated issues, and manage internal stakeholders * Lead development of proposals and pricing for client renewal and expansion, negotiate client contracts, and oversee implementation of solutions * Use the Challenger Selling Model as a guide to teach clients, problem-solve, and tailor sophisticated commercial card solutions (Corporate Card, Purchasing Card & B2B Solutions) * Identify portfolio growth opportunities and deliver on plan to achieve, collaborating with internal resources to maximize/expand supplier network and spend growth * Proactively provide expertise on policies, benchmarking, and recommendations to optimize programs, reduce costs and drive efficiencies for clients * Identify and develop relationships with decision-makers within client organizations to influence program management and growth.
Seeking a minimum of 5 years prior strategic relationship management and/or sales experience within financial services. Ideal skill set includes the following:
· Influence & persuasion o Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance from clients for a plan or product o Utilizes innovativeness to overcome complex internal and external client barriers, enabling desired outcomes
· Strategic thinking o Seeks to understand clients' opinions, positions, and emotions to solve problems and negotiate mutually-beneficial outcomes o Proactively focuses on results, outcomes, and achievements, anticipating and overcoming obstacles as they arise
· Client enablement o Uses strong client relationships to establish a positive rapport and together brainstorm new ways to meet client objectives o Teaches clients to resolve non-strategic issues independently using available resources, including self-service tools
· Financial acumen o Understands clients' operational and financial factors and uses this knowledge to drive Expansions/ incremental CV growth o Collects, analyzes, and evaluates client and internal metrics, data, and benchmarks to determine actions and solutions
· Consultative approach o Uses appropriate questions to help clients clarify their needs and gain understanding of how to best deliver value o Proactively provides expertise on policies, benchmarking, and recommendations to reduce costs and drive efficiencies
· Relationship-focus o Combines a depth of payment expertise with a consultative approach to build clients’ trust and fuel their success o Responds to appropriate client issues rapidly and effectively and ensure delivery of prompt and expert service to clients
Individual Qualifications/Requirements: * Financial services experience is a must * Experience managing growth Travel & Entertainment and Business 2 Business portfolios consisting of clients with $300M annual sales revenue * Strong excel and power point presentation is a must * Strong financial acumen a must; ability to understand and read Profit and Loss statements/reports * Experience building (and deepening) new client relationships across a client’s organization * Experience providing account servicing and management * Prior knowledge in the strategic sales process of growing an existing client base * Sell with integrity, in alignment with compliance and internal partner business requirements * Experience with CRM tools preferred * Bachelor’s Degree preferred * Virtual Office Experience preferred * Must meet w/ clients at least 6 times per month * Must reside in the Northern/Central New Jersey area
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Title: Manager - Account Development (AIA)
Location: * New Jersey*
Other Locations: US-Connecticut, US-New Jersey
Requisition ID: 19007072