Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- System engineering of Weapons Control System products supporting Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD), Anti-Air Warfare (AAW), and emerging weapons such as high energy lasers and hyper velocity projectiles.
- Develop fire control, track filtering, weapon guidance, engagement planning, and coordinate system alignment algorithms by performing design trades, simulating algorithms using , and simulations, analyzing results, and documenting findings in technical papers and presentations.
- Analysis, design and generation of computer program requirements; development of test plans and procedures; verification of requirements implementation through software testing; system level test at local and remote customer sites; documentation of results; and detailed analysis of problems with recommended solutions.
- Lead other engineers, whether peers or juniors, in a technical task.
- Plan engineering tasks to meet constraints of cost and schedule.
- Participate in design and code reviews of Weapon System products with Aegis element engineers, the program office, and the customer.
- Off-hour and or weekend work may be required. Domestic travel required and international travel may be required. Travel to and support of customer test events, including ship board events, at domestic and international locations may be required.
- Skills in MATLAB, JIRA/Confluence, Clearcase, GRID
- Ability to acquire and maintain a Secret level clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College