Honeywell Sr. Supplier Development Engineer in Morris Plains, New Jersey
The future is what you make it.
Are you ready to make a difference, work on most impactful projects influencing our business and be at heart of revolution to create a world class supply chain? In Supplier Performance Engineering we’re finding innovative, collaborative ways to improve delivery and quality of our suppliers creating vital link between our supply chain, internal factories and our customers.
Come be a part of team of future shapers that:
· Proactively reviews supplier capabilities, assess operational gaps to identify risks and takes systematic actions to develop a world class supplier.
· Is globally responsible for all supplier development and quality improvement and sustainment.
· Systematically drives Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) investigations to prevent defects.
· Works directly with sourcing, business, engineering and our customers on strategies to improve product quality and delivery.
· Identifies and leads the implementation of continuous improvement projects.
· Are leaders creating a performance culture with our suppliers through coaching and technical engagement.
The position requires breadth of technical experience across multiple programs and products, both electrical and mechanical, working directly with suppliers daily, influencing / working closely with the sourcing commodity leadership teams, Quality and NPD. The successful candidate should be able to effectively communicate with senior management, have a big picture strategic mindset, handle multiple priorities, influence, and solve complex problems.
· Plan & perform regular Production Risk rate readiness assessments at suppliers.
· Establish MOS & monitoring, reporting and coordination of assigned readiness activities.
· Identify and implement actions to assure PRRs executed per plan at the assigned suppliers, driving the improvement and reporting the results.
· Responsible for developing standardized processes and tools for PRR for assessment analysis, tracking and reporting of PRRs
· Responsible for working with assigned global suppliers & Honeywell SDE (Supplier Development Engg) team
· Updating & presenting the status to leadership as per assigned MOS
· Ensure compliance to Aerospace Procedures & quality requirements for all standard work performed
· Drive assigned supplier(s) performance improvement initiatives using DMAIC approach
· Willingness to travel, 25-50% travel
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing or Business management
· 5+ years combined of Supply Chain, Quality, Operations, Business management or Manufacturing Engineering experience
· Due to contractual agreement, must be a US Citizen
· 3+ years of experience with project management and Kaizen facilitation.
· Ability to interface effectively with all levels of leadership.
· Proven problem-solving skills, including ability to interpret business performance and financial data, define actions, and implement solutions.
· Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
· Experience on performing production readiness & rate readiness reviews/ assessments
· Able to read technical drawings and documentation (GD&T)
· Demonstrated industry and product experience including in-depth technology/product knowledge Eg: Machining/ Electronics/ Casting/ Forging
· Effective collaboration skills to motivate and influence others at various levels without a direct reporting relationship.
· Demonstrated strong analysis and presentation skills.
· Knowledge of using Six sigma / quality Tools and APQP (PFMEA, Control plan, SPC MSA etc)
· Experience on auditing manufacturing process w.r.t. production readiness
· Knowledge on quality systems like ISO / TS16949, AS9100 Quality system
· Knowledge on lean concepts like VSM (Value Stream Mapping) is an added advantage
· Experience on working with global suppliers / customers
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.