BASF Agronomic Sales Advisor - Central Missouri Region - (Remote) in Missouri
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2021 as one of America’s Best Large Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future.
Agricultural Sales Advisor (2103977) – Central Missouri Region (Remote)
Where the Chemistry Happens
As an Agricultural (Ag) Sales Advisor, you will develop and maintain business relationships with retailers, growers and consultants identified as strategic to BASF. Serving as a local agronomic expert, you will position BASF seed, crop protection and seed treatment products with Growers to help enable them to maximize yield and profit from their operations. In addition, you will serve as the business lead with assigned Retailers/Farmers for BASF soybean seed, crop protection and seed treatment. You will be accountable for achieving annual sales targets with grower on seed, crop protection and seed treatments with assigned Retailers on seed.
This role requires your willingness to travel overnight/weekly (5-10%). You will be required to live in the Central Missouri region for this role.
Formula for Success
Leveraging your Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years overall experience, you will establish business and agronomic plans with key growers, including business strategies and tactics that meet the needs of targeted growers by utilizing your strong business acumen and agronomic skills for seed and crop protection. You will act as the primary contact from BASF, including business strategies and tactics for both short and long term.
Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will serve you well as you align with your Business Representative to create a plan for the top retailers in that territory for Crop Protection, Seed and Seed Treatment, as well as drive Seed conversations at Retail with the Seed Manager, Agronomist and local Retail sales team. This includes making joint grower calls to get the “right seed on the right acre”. You will utilize all of these relationships to position BASF as the leader in your market with targeted customers (Retail and Grower) and exceed budget.
Demonstrating your business acumen, you will be accountable for creating demand for BASF seed and chemical products with assigned growers and retailers and establish business plans including sales targets, forecasts, positioning varieties and actions with assigned Retailers for seed.
- Applying your education, knowledge, and previous sales experience, you will be a trusted adviser to your customers on agronomics, seed varieties and chemistry.
- Using your ability to manage time and resources effectively to achieve goals, you will develop an area/territory plan annually that includes overall business objectives, strategies for growth, identification of top customers, and an action plan to achieve overall growth.
- Utilizing your robust analytical skills, you will accurately forecast brand sales with assigned customers and achieve financial goals.
- Successfully engaging across the business, you will cultivate solid working relationships with local sales teams, technical service representatives, and strategic account managers to support implementation of customer plans. Additionally, you will establish a strong partnership with your BR and align on a strategic plan toward targeted retailers and growers to achieve goals.
- Thinking strategically, you will develop and execute market strategies to launch new products per established goals, market development execution, crop activities, and product positioning.
- Your strong self-motivation and proactive work style will be a valued asset as you maintain adherence to KPIs related to volume, share, value, and financial sales targets.
- Your commitment to customer care will be evident as you direct field activities to support the BASF portfolio at the customer-level (retailer and grower) for the business.
- Relying on your excellent computer skills (including digital tools and proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint), you will meet targets for utilizing digital tools such as - Sales X to achieve success.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: N-APN/AC-Midwest Sales Region-63022163
Title: Agronomic Sales Advisor - Central Missouri Region - (Remote)
Requisition ID: 2103977