Cisco Leader, Systems engineering in Minato, Japan
SE manager will be responsible for leading a team of systems engineers and systems architects to drive the product and services revenue for service provider accounts by driving the thought leadership, gaining customer mind share and turning strategy into execution every day.
Role & Responsibilities
● Lead a group of sales engineers and architects and drive the business/result (product and services revenue)
● Lead the transformation of engineers and architects into the team that can drive the outcome in 3-5 years from now.
● High energy, passion about driving business and be a positive change agent for the team
● Ability to bring the company strategy into own technical teams strategy
● Should be motivated to work on a highly complex and extremely large deals which are under high scrutiny.
● Should be able to communicate very well with customer executives, partner executives and internal key stake holders clearly, drive the initiatives and get to the outcome desired.
● Thorough understanding of Service Provider industry and future trend in virtualization, cloud, network layer convergence, automation and telco DC.
● Ability to build the business from scratch and lead the team of technologist (SE and architects)
● Minimum of 5 years of experience in System Engineering, Sales or Business Development Roles.
● Fluent in Japanese
● Fluent or at least good communication (verbal and writing) skill in English
● Understand how to be a leader in multi-cultural environment.
● Preferably candidates should have strong strategic thinking, fact-based analytical skills and customer relationship building skills
● Should be able to work with and influence the resources cross functionally and able to manage in a matrix management hierarchy.
● Strong desire to become the change agent in the company and the industry
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.