IBM Senior Architect - Red Hat Cloud Modernization in MILANO, Italy
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Design and build dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, and reliable enterprise applications based on RedHat OpenShift
• Use appropriate cloud native tools and services to design, build and deploy new applications based on given requirements
• Migrate complex, multi-tier applications to OpenShift
• Evaluate cloud application requirements and make architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment, and provisioning applications to OpenShit, mapping business objectives to application/architecture requirements
• Evaluate and select appropriate OpenShift deployment options:
o Managed service by cloud provider vs self managed
o On premise vs cloud
o Centralized data center vs edge
• Design & Build for DevSecOps on OpenShift architectures, including monitoring, logging and metrics.
• Serve as IBM’s single point of contact for OpenShift solutioning and delivery
• Provide best practice guidance on the architectural design across multiple applications and projects of the enterprise
• Develop talents on OpenShift and Cloud native development skills
• Lead local and remote architect and developer teams in the solution delivery and governance
• Collaborate across business units to align and meet Italian growth plans
• Work across multiple industry teams and build for re-use across them
• Effectively manage client relationships and exhibit leadership in client conversations to develop long term opportunities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 10 plus years’ experience in Information Technology services across industries
• 5 or more years’ experience acting as Architect in major public cloud, Digital transformation platform/products/services
• 2 or more years of hands-on experience designing and deploying OpenShift bases architectures
• Familiarity with RedHat technologies, including Ansible and RH Application runtimes.
• Forma RedHat certifications are a plus.
• Experience in setting up and leading application development teams using containers (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker)
Well proven knowledge & hands-on experience with arch. patterns & microservices arch.
Prior experience in:
- Cloud solut. &delivery, specifically RedHat OpenShift, either with on premise installation or managed cloud offers.
(continued next section)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
'(continued) required skills
- Prior experience in effective client facing roles
• Proven leadership capabilities and ability to lead team of architects/developers
• Proven experience of collaboration with project mgmt roles
• Experience developing code in at least one high-level programming language
•Understanding of modern devel.& operations processes and methodologies (e.g. Agile, TDD, …)
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.