Group O Machine Operator in Milan, Illinois
To safely and efficiently perform filling and packaging utilizing mechanical equipment to process Liquid Silicone Rubber to desired customer specifications.
- • Ensure that all safety equipment is readily available and that all guards are in place.
• Read batch instructions for directions, such as proper amounts, temperature controls, weights and sequences of raw materials, and any other additional instructions.
• Safely operate multiple types of mixers, fillers, pumps, and other related equipment when required.
• Maintain work area in clean and orderly manner, drive Lean 5S initiative throughout the facility with emphasis on production run transitions.
• Maintain systematic production records of batches blended and packaged.
• Learn and understand basic customer requirements and the equipment and materials used in filling, packaging, and finishing.
• Receive and relay vital communications with co-workers concerning daily production strategies.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education:• High School Diploma or equivalent
Skills:• Basic math skills • Ability to follow work instructions and procedures • Ability to work with WMS/ERP software • Ability to operate material handling equipment • Strong verbal and written English communication skills • Strong attention to detail • Ability to learn and work with company systems • Flexibility in daily work hours worked based on workloads • The physical stamina to work in a production setting for 8+ hours at a time • Must be able to carry or lift 50lbs to shoulder height repetitively • Must be able to push work-in-process, which could exceed 50 lbs • Hands and eye-hand motor coordination • Ability to stand for extended periods of time • Ability to move and climb mobile safety ladder • Ability to work with and meet deadlines • Ability to work independently and Multi-task
Experience:• 1-2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
Desired Skills:• RF scanning equipment • Problem solving ability • Aptitude to learn the use of scales and other production equipment
Desired Traits:• Self-Motivated • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Division: Supply Chain
External Company Name: Group O
External Company URL: www.groupo.com
Street: 7300 50th Street