Freddie Mac IT Audit Prf in McLean, Virginia
McLean, VA 2
The mission of the Internal Audit Division is to provide independent, objective assurance designed to add value and improve operations. Freddie Mac’s Single-Family (SF) Audit team focuses on providing independent assurance over how credit, operational, and strategic risks are managed at Freddie Mac.
Staff members on the SF audit team are highly-skilled audit and risk management professionals with a demonstrated ability to provide value added audit and advisory services to Freddie Mac. The team plays a critical role in shaping Freddie Mac’s approach to managing credit, operational, and strategic risks by providing independent, objective, and value-added assurance of risk management, governance, and controls.
The Audit Supervisor will be part of this team and focus on executing end-to-end audit services focused on the Single-Family business. As part of the Third Line of Defense the candidate will work closely with risk partners in the Second Line of Defense and practitioners in the First Line of Defense.
• Work independently or as part of audit teams and ensure work is completed on time and in keeping with professional standards.
• Maintain, track and communicate project status to stakeholders.
• Perform and document work such as procedure development, walkthroughs and controls testing in accordance with Internal Audit standards.
• Provide consultative advice to business management on current or emerging credit/operational risks, control and governance matters.
• Monitor management’s remediation of identified issues and test the effectiveness of the remediation.
• Based on the work performed, identify and draft strategic, business focused issues and effectively communicate results to relevant stakeholders.
• Conduct internal training sessions to share knowledge and best practices.
• Within the context of individual audits, perform people management related tasks such as coaching and project performance evaluations.
Work Location Zip Code:
•Minimum of 6 years working experience. Experience must include a minimum of 4 years auditing
•Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems or related discipline
Keys to Success in this role:
•Must work well in a team-oriented environment as well as individually
•Must work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
•Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
Top 3 Personal Competencies:
• Partnership- Build strong partnerships through my own and team's actions
• Drive For Execution- Treat obstacles as challenges to overcome, not excuses
• Growth and Development- Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
Work Location City:
IT Audit Supervisor
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), other relevant certifications (or commitment to get certified within one year)
• Experience performing data analysis using data mining and visualization techniques (Tableau, SAS, SQL, R, Python and/or ACL)
• Banking/financial services experience
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Work Location State:
Audit Compliance & Quality