TEKsystems Desktop Technician/field support in Macon, Georgia
Support Technician is responsible for providing both project and daily operational support for all desktop platforms.
In this role, they are responsible for the installation, maintenance, modification, troubleshooting, and repairs on primarily Windows 10 platforms and the associated peripherals.
- Analysis and support of desktop hardware and software including all peripherals
- Perform any necessary installation or maintenance required to ensure proper functioning of desktop computing platforms
- Regularly update DHCP and networking settings to support network conversion
- Be able to modify Active Directory Domain membership on devices
- Responsible for testing of deployment of new equipment to replace aged or inoperable equipment
- 1 + year of Desktop support experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to articulate technical concepts to technical and non-technical users alike
- Customer centric attitude
- Microsoft Desktop certifications a plus
- A+ certification a plus
The primary use for these technicians will be as support for the migration from the domain.
Secondary use will be for the deployment of new PC's and peripherals as part of the Epic migration project.
Over 1500 monitors, 500 PC's, and associated peripherals will be replaced and/or installed before year end.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
TEKsystems is a equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.