Lockheed Martin Product Quality Engineer Sr in Liverpool, New York
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: At Lockheed Martin, we are passionate about innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking, everything is within our capacity – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, education and background!
Do you want to be part of an environment that encourages and supports employees to think big, perform with quality and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the resourcefulness and courage to work hard, Then we want to build a better tomorrow with you. Come and experience your future!
This requisition is for a Level 3 Product Quality Engineer on the LM Rotary & Mission Systems (RMS) programs in Syracuse, NY. The position will interface directly with the Production teams on Product Quality Assurance (PQA) work tasks/priorities and functionally reports to the LM RMS PQA Manager. The candidate must have a demonstrated history of strong performance and ability to take initiative across a variety of QA responsibilities/tasks on development and/or sustainment programs. They are expected to quickly come-up to speed with the products, Hardware PQA work scope, technical requirements, program risks, and delivery milestone schedules. The Quality Engineer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Identify root causes and associated corrective actions, evaluate process/product performance, and participate/interface with the engineering and production counterparts on program activities to assure processes and products are compliant to contractual requirements and proactive actions taken to prevent recurrence.
• Ability to evaluate and disposition production nonconforming hardware and analyze defect data to identify systemic issues and trends
• Provide inputs to the Production QPM on product QA tasking, as required, to ensure sound labor estimates on ECPs and on-going proposal efforts
• Ability to verify systems are 100% compliant to the requirements and to present systems to customer representative(s) for acceptance
• Support, participate and execute strategies related to the roll-out of advanced manufacturing. This includes Additive Manufacturing, Rapid Prototyping, Lean Manufacturing, etc.)
• Conduct data validation, statistical data analysis, and presentation of Quality metrics as part of the QMS for manufacturing
• Conduct process audits in accordance with internal processes and AS9100 standard
In addition to the responsibilities highlighted above we offer extensive benefits to include competitive 401k, insurance and a new 4/10 schedule. We remain an equal opportunity company.
- Excellent communication skills
- ISO/AS9100 knowledge
- Proven audit experience
- Use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with hardware engineering requirements development and design, and system integration and test
- Good understanding of manufacturing and hardware engineering processes.
- Ability to interface with multiple stakeholders including Military Customers
- Ability to effectively work in cross-functional teams and communicate with positive impact
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
- DoD contract experience
- Lean/Six Sigma black (or green) belt
- IPC 610/620 and J-STD-001 standard certification
- Experience interfacing with Government Customer Representatives
- Root cause analysis experience
- Experience with implementation of advanced manufacturing techniques i.e.; additive manufacturing, rapid prototyping, lean manufacturing, Data Analytics and Computer Aided Inspection.
-Experience with implementation of predictive Quality
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.