Continental Customer Service Representative in Lincoln, Nebraska
Customer Service Representative
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Lincoln, NE location is seeking a Customer Service Representative to join our team. The ideal candidate would be willing to learn, is dependable and would work well on a team. Are you ready to shape the future with us?
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
· Immediate Benefits
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition & Employee Discounts
· Annual Bonus
· Employer 401(k) Match
· And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) serves as the primary contact for customers. The CSR is responsible for taking orders, creating deliveries, handling inquiries, complaints, residuals, claims, and refunds. They will understand and possess knowledge about various Continental ContiTech products, how they are manufactured, and the applications products can be used for. They will have a keen understanding of ContiTech’s plant structure and processes for the expedient resolution of customer issues.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Handles inbound phone calls from Customers through ContiTech Customer Service Systems (CRM + Telephony + Document Management). Understands overall flow of how work is processed through the CRM system. Accurate creation and management of cases for Customers within the system.
• Proactively follow and ensure customer issues are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction. Work with Customers to expedite product.
• Seek to understand and identify new ways to offer value added services to customers. Complement and work in tandem with various ContiTech departments to improve the customer experience.
• Understand product portfolio and effectively recommend products and solutions to customers: Offer alternative products or solutions to meet customers’ needs. If something is stocked out, offer comparable spec to meet customers’ requirements. Uses catalogs and software programs to provide recommendations and solutions to unique customer inquiries.
• Resolve complaints and conflicts as they relate to keeping customers satisfied. Communicate issues to management and work to resolve/settle disputes within company guidelines/policy.
• Respond to inbound customer communications. Communications include both internal associates as well as external customers. Additionally, deals with a variety of complex issues including product capabilities, order status, reasons for order delays/expediting, policies, and claims.
• Mentor / support V*Source Global customer service personnel by:
a. answering their customer service related questions
b. responding to cases assigned by the global center
c. documenting and explaining ContiTech processes
d. support training for new employees through shadowing and collaboration
• Ability to understand commercial, shipping/logistics and manufacturing processes.
• Analytical mindset.
• Strong communication skills
• Computer proficient and able to use Microsoft Office products.
• Ability to portray professionalism and confidence to customers via phone and email.
• Superior relationship building skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to multitask and handle large volume of work efficiently and accurately.
• 2 + years working in a Customer Service environment
• Prior experience working inside sales or dealing with the management/scheduling of a manufacturing production environment
• Experience using SAP and Microsoft Office
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area ContiTech develops, produces and markets products, systems and intelligent components made from rubber, plastic, metal and textiles. These products are used in mining, the agricultural industry, railway engineering mechanical and plant engineering, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.
Marketing and Sales
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.