CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. Full Stack Java Developer in Knoxville, Tennessee
Sr. Full Stack Java Developer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: United States, South Carolina, Columbia
Alternate Location(s): United States, Louisiana, Lafayette
United States, Tennessee, Knoxville
Position ID: J0922-2482
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI has an immediate need for a Sr. Full Stack Java Developer with experience to join our financial services team in one of our selected CGI locations. Due to the current COVID-19 status, candidates will not be required to work within the physical work location at this time. When COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, they will be required to be located within the proximity of the assigned CGI location.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
We are looking for a strong Full Stack Java Developer with AWS and MicroServices to work on real implementations in a highly dynamic and fast-paced Agile environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration, and team retrospectives.
• Deliver software features using high-end development tools to assist or facilitate the development process.
• Leverage DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test, and promote new or updated features.
• Collaborate with other teams to set up, configure and maintain a continuous integration environment.
• Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to the original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
• Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production
• Create or update the documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
Implement new software technology and coordinate end-to-end tasks across the team.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 6+ yrs of software development experience in Java, Spring, and Middleware technologies.
• In-depth understanding of OOP, design patterns, and data structures.
• Strong experience with Spring, (Core, MVC, Security, Boot) framework and object-relational mapping frameworks.
• Strong experience with Oracle SQL/SQL
• Experience with Webservices (REST) and data formats like JSON and XML.
• Experience with microservice architecture – how to build and integrate using spring boot.
• Knowledge/experience with AWS services:
-AMI/Docker images and containers.
-ECS, lambda, s3, batch, SQS/SNS, cloudformation template
• Experience with GIT, GitHub, Eclipse/Intelli J, Gradle/Maven, Nexus/JFrog.
• Demonstrates an understanding of software best practices including CI/CD and automated testing. CI/CD Jenkins Pipeline
• Experience with the use of Agile practices/methodologies (e.g. Scrum, TDD, BDD etc).
• Experience with UI frameworks such as Angular, React or other UI Frameworks is a plus.
• Familiarity with the use of continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins) and infrastructure automation (Terraform or Chef etc.).
• JMS/AWS SDK libraries
• SDET experience is great PLUS
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.