Lockheed Martin Senior Software Engineer in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Warriors Path is building a space combat simulator to model a future war in space. What forces will be needed to win the war? How can available resources best be allocated? What are the most effective defenses to adversary threats? Warriors Path software simulates a wide range of scenarios, wargaming the actions from both sides of a conflict to help our stakeholders develop strategy, tactics, techniques, and procedures. Looking for strong, team-oriented Java software developers; background with orbital mechanics, mathematics, gaming and optimization strategies a plus.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Performance of all phases of software development including design, implementation, testing and verification
• Developing services that model orbital mechanics (propagation, orbit determination, in-view calculations, etc.)
• Developing services that solve optimization problems (dynamic programming, non-linear optimization, over-constrained planning, etc. )
• Detailed analysis and validation that algorithms are physically accurate and satisfy customers' mission
• Work collaboratively in small, fast paced agile teams, focused on product delivery to program customers
You will be working side by side with extraordinarily talented and experienced engineers, while having the opportunity to lead and mentor less experienced individuals on the team.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Ability to obtain/maintain a TS/SCI clearance; US citizenship is required (no clearance is required to start; unclassified work is available until the clearance is obtained)
• Experience in software development using an object-oriented language (such as Java, C#, C++)
• Relevant degrees or experience in Math, Physics, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering or other engineering disciplines
• Familiarity with the Space Domain
• Knowledge of Orbital dynamics and AstroStandards math libraries
• Experience designing and implementing algorithms
• Experience with databases (e.g. PostgreSQL)
• Experience working as a member of an Agile Scrum or Kanban team
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.